Cox Automotive (Dealer.com), a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Manager, Software Engineering to join our team!
The Manager of Software Engineering for our Digital Retailing Teams will lead our teams in delivering world class software for shoppers and dealers allowing them to work together to purchase cars how they want, online and/or in person. This effort is central to Cox Automotive mission of “Transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses vehicles”. In this role, you will partner with Product, Architecture and SRE teams to envision, enhance and evolve our product offering.
The ideal candidate for the role is responsible for leading our engineering teams, identifying areas of improvement, and implementing a plan to develop and evolve the culture of your teams. You will need a strong software engineering background. DevOps or SRE experience are valuable assets in this role. You will have demonstrated the ability to develop, communicate, and execute your vision resulting in the adoption of practices and tooling that will help strengthen our position as the premier leader of the automotive software marketplace.
- Lead 2 offshore software engineering scrum teams
- Develop a culture of quality and engineering excellence
- Implement a Continuous Process Improvement strategy
- Work with product management team to find fast and effective ways to implement their product roadmap
- Work with peers and leadership to continue to evolve processes and strategies used by all teams
- Maintain our AWS budget and optimize our costs
- Desire to experiment with new ideas and develop new processes to raise the bar
- Bachelor’s degree in related area required and 6+years of experience with at least 1 years of experience in a management or lead role.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, grow and lead team members
- Deep understanding of software development or getting the most out of offshore teams
- Willing to get your hands dirty as necessary
- We are a progressive team with a current tech stack (AWS, React, Node, Mongo, Serverless, New Relic) in a highly collaborative environment