Systems & Software
Systems & Software, a division of Harris Computer, is seeking a Manager to join our Research & Development team. Reporting to the Director of Research & Development, you will lead a team of software engineers responsible for product maintenance, regulatory & enhancement development, third party integrations, and customer stability.
The Manager of R&D’s primary role is centered around directing a remote technical team, directly contributing to the software, collaborating with other departments, and continuously promoting best practices and the growth of technical expertise.
What your impact will be:
- Lead a development team and directly contribute in enhancing and maintaining a portfolio of products.
- Work closely with your team in solving problems, debugging issues, and guiding their development efforts.
- Collaborate with management, customer service, and business analysts.
- Contribute towards providing our clients with stable and secure production environments.
- Implement and maintain R&D best practices.
- Set short & long-term goals for your team & empower them to attain those goals.
- Organize team reporting and working meetings; support the team in managing progress; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; with focus on regular and timely delivery of value.
- Manage multiple requests and prioritization of your team’s work.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of your team, advocate for their success, make commitments based on your experience leading your teams and ensure that those commitments are met.
- Coach your team to implement a culture of continuous improvement and performance.
- Support your team’s productivity by working across departments solving problems and clearing roadblocks.
- Evaluate and implement tools to reduce development costs or improve efficiency.
- Coordinate the maintenance of development and QA testing environments.
- Promote teamwork and build trust in a safe cooperative environment.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of software development experience (desktop, mobile and/or web applications)
- 2+ years of leadership experience (e.g., Development Lead, Project Manager, Development Manager, etc.)
- Ability to translate Product Requirements into Technical Requirements
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- Experience giving performance reviews
- Experience with solution design and architecture
- Experience with user experience best practices
- Experience in the Utility sector