As a leader of the Global Software Development Team at OnLogic, you will help ensure our team of brilliant software developers can achieve their highest potential. Based out of South Burlington, Vermont, you will help the team analyze, design and develop software enhancements and remove impediments to progress. It will be your task to ensure that the software meets the proper standards and adheres to market research, design the software document and proper protocol, and maintain the software components. As a software development manager, it may fall on you to occasionally code aspects of the software, as well as instruct team members on how to implement the proper code into the program.
On an average day, you’ll…
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in overall project management by prioritizing, planning, and tracking work progress.
- Develop trusting relationships with the people on the team; setting expectations and goals for the department and individual team members.
- Provide coaching and mentoring opportunities and help with career development.
- Provide feedback to people, and help people learn how to provide feedback.
- Recruit, hire, and onboard new team members; building a high performing team where everyone feels accountable for making it possible.
- Remove obstacles and define objectives, breaking them down into individual tasks that are assigned to your talented team.
- Help the organization understand the team’s capacity and make decisions about team commitments.
- Continuously drive process and development practice improvements.
- Act as a key member of our IT leadership team by helping to define and influence strategy, architecture, development, release, and infrastructure decisions.
The team you will be joining:
Our IT team touches every aspect of our business and each of our day to day lives here at OnLogic. Made up of software developers, infrastructure and security experts, systems and network engineers and business technology professionals, our IT team is constantly working to improve our internal systems to make our lives easier, while optimizing our website to do the same for our customers. From the technology we use to do our jobs, to the infrastructure that supports the way we build, test and ship our products, our IT team keeps our business running smoothly.
- Learn more about Life at OnLogic.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in business, computer engineering or other technical field or equivalent experience.
- You have 5+ years of experience in software development with at least 3-5 years of experience managing a team of developers and QA professionals working on multiple applications and priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with software development methodologies such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Release Management, Software Maintenance, and Source Code Management.
- Experience in nurturing the adoption of best software development practices in agile environments.
- Experience with large scale cloud-based systems and products.
- Expertise in using software management tools such as Jira.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship.
Who we’re looking for:
- A driven individual with a desire to accomplish complicated projects effectively and with quality in mind.
- A problem solver who can find creative and effective solutions.
- A highly organized and detailed team player who loves juggling multiple tasks at a time, but provides deadline driven results to the company.
- Someone who enjoys working and communicating with different teams within an organization.
- A person who loves technology and understands computer systems, components, and operating systems.
- Someone who posses the following Core Competencies:
- Technical Capacity
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- People Management
- Problem Solving and Analytical Ability