Responsible for the oversight and coordination of enterprise-wide physical security efforts to support a safe environment for Howard Center employees, clients, and visitors.
- Establish, implement, and monitor policies, programs, procedures, and standards to ensure compliance with agency and regulatory requirements regarding Security and Emergency Preparedness.
- Plans for and coordinates security operations with internal partners and programs involving community partners, such as law enforcement, fire and others as needed
- Conducts security risk assessments (incl. Behavioral Threat Assessments) in collaboration with program and department leadership
- Monitors and responds to security infrastructure needs including security-related software and hardware upgrades in partnership with the IT department
- Coordinates with internal and external partners (vendors, suppliers) to implement security program
- Five years of experience in security operations roles
- Preferred: Physical Security Professional (PSP); Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
- Experience implementing complex security programming
- Project management (certification or significant background) preferred, including managing project teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication