This role at Dealer.com is an exciting blend of business, big data, and client relations to make an impact on how users buy vehicles online. The Manager of eCommerce Analytics is responsible for providing actionable insights and analyses to improve the consumer journey and transactional growth on the Essential Commerce platform. The Manager will be responsible for creating a framework and delivering on consumer experience and conversion rate analysis, reporting, and forecasting for internal stakeholders and external clients. The ideal candidate should be an independent solution-oriented performer, skilled and experienced with using data to drive business action.
This individual is required to have proven experience to significantly impact consumer transaction growth in a retail or eCommerce setting. You will work with internal Sales and Marketing stakeholders to analyze and present findings that drive key actions to remove friction points in the consumer journey through optimizing channel mix, content, and product features and, ensure that the client is prioritizing optimization towards transactional growth. You will also partner with Product stakeholders to assess and report on user experience testing impact holistically and for the clients you serve. Using Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI and MicroStrategy and Microsoft PowerPoint, you’ll create analysis and reporting assets that can scale and grow with the business.
This position will support the Director by leveraging multiple online and offline data sources to perform analysis and glean insights at the program and client levels. You’ll make an impact through packaging up those findings into concise storytelling to benefit Growth Playbooks, thought leadership, case studies and conversion rate optimization action plans. Over time, this individual may interact with clients to present recommendations for improvement and with internal stakeholders to drive audience acquisition and user experience strategies. This role is expected to perform these duties with minimal daily oversight.
- Working with cross-functional teams such as sales, marketing, product and operations; you provide actionable insights on consumer behavior, product mix and digital transactions/sales through data analytics, pre/post analysis, data mining and statistical methods.
- Partner with Senior eCommerce leaders to identify and define key reporting and analysis metrics to inform the business’ standard KPI framework.
- Create standard and evolving reporting, analysis and forecasting capabilities to support client optimization strategies and give insights on critical data necessary for business decisioning.
- Analyze and keep track of leads, orders and sales results and be able to package them into a concise story at the program and client levels.
- Mines data to surface strategies to improve ROI and program performance to optimize towards transactional growth.
- Explores and incorporates available and new data sources to proactively create and present to Sales and client teams with minimal manager support, including customized sales presentations, program recaps, and solution recommendations and optimizations
- Presents directly to clients and internal stakeholders, developing and articulating analytical concepts and summarized findings through cohesive narratives.
- Designs, conducts and leads processes that facilitate complex analyses that mine, extract, track, report and analyze performance metrics and other data source systems and summarize findings.
- Deliver actionable insights into compelling PowerPoint slides with a simplified and visual story
- Collaborates with different departments and defines requirements to improve our analytics suite
- Champions a healthy team culture and mentors team members
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years’ experience with web analytics and reporting (3 years in retail / eCommerce) plus 1 year of experience in a people management or lead role OR an equivalent combination of education and work- related experience
- Proficiency with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Webtrends and with first party consumer data sets.
- High proficiency with SQL and data warehousing tools such as Snowflake to join and manage multiple data sources.
- Proficiency with using customer experience intelligence platforms such as Auryc or similar.
- Proficiency with using Tableau, MicroStrategy or Power BI to create data visualizations from disparate data sources.
- Strong ability to clearly articulate business performance metrics through data visualizations, presentations and dashboards.
- High proficiency with Excel – including manipulating large data sets, using pivot tables, automating data pulls through 3rd party plugins.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills that can be leveraged to best communicate analytics findings.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, think conceptually and drive results within an ecommerce or software development environment.
- Possess ability to synthesize complex or diverse information, collect and research data, use intuition and experience to complement data.
- Has experience working and leading groups within an agile environment.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Manage ambiguity and adapt readily and easily to changes in priorities and business conditions
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, a strong sense of urgency, and follow-thru in addressing issues.
- Highly accountable and performance driven