Cox Automotive (Dealer.com) is currently hiring a Manager, Knowledge Management to join our Cox Automotive Center of Excellence (COE) team. This job is remote and can be based anywhere in the US.
The Knowledge Management Manager provides critical oversight and quality control for enterprise-wide knowledge management programs, system migration efforts, processes, and best practice adherence. This individual oversees team efforts to promote knowledge sharing of Cox Automotive’s information and experience both inside and outside the company. Drives identification of the organization’s technological, functional, and business strengths, establishes systems to leverage and capitalize on the knowledge of team members, and finds ways to use that knowledge to maximize team member performance and client self-service. Engages with leadership across the Center of Excellence and Cox Automotive business units to understand information requirements and partners with company subject matter experts to extract, consolidate, and disseminate knowledge effectively through a centralized knowledge management platform. Develops and manages knowledge management systems, content, and processes to ensure accuracy, availability, and ease of use for internal teams, frontline customer support employees, and customer audiences.
The Knowledge Management Manager leads a team of Content Authors and Copy Editors who create, update, and edit content for enterprise use as well as oversee standards and best practices for knowledge management platform utilization. This position is part of the Cox Automotive Center of Excellence (COE).
What You’ll Do:
· Manage a dedicated team of Content Authors and Copy Editors in the COE.
· Direct the efforts of professional staff in the achievement of knowledge management strategic and operational objectives.
· Lead the knowledge management team in the understanding and application of content creation, usability, and best practices, including formatting and writing standards for targeted audiences and channels.
· Indirectly oversee the adherence to knowledge management standards for Content Authors within partnering business units.
· Create, develop, and regularly evaluate the processes and standards of enterprise-wide knowledge management systems.
· Guide team members and partners through the best practices of knowledge management, including style guides, the author playbook, content authoring, and copy editing.
· Ensure appropriate and effective team support across all aspects of knowledge management, including understanding business processes and requirements, prioritizing information and demand, identifying user scenarios, generating new or modified information gathering and distribution, and working with subject matter experts to identify and synthesize relevant data and information.
· Engages with business partners to understand current and anticipated knowledge requirements, project manage migrations, provide reporting on system utilization, and identify gaps in documentation needs.
· Partners with knowledge management system administrators to oversee governance standards, implement best practices, and ensure maximized utilization and efficiency.
· Facilitate regularly scheduled team meetings, including agenda preparation, meeting notes, and follow up activity tracking.
· Ensure the team understands and adapts appropriate technologies for knowledge management.
What’s In It For You?
- We believe in taking good care of our team. You’ll also have access to benefits like an impressive base salary with an uncapped commission , 401(K) with company matching contributions, and quality healthcare & life insurance options .
- Work/Life Balance: Cox gives you flexible paid-time-off and provides access to a lifestyle coach, adoption assistance, fertility assistance, pet insurance, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Come join an organization that is pushing the boundaries of the automotive industry in all directions. We are a powerhouse in providing software, inventory, digital, and mobility solutions to our clients with an exciting future of continued growth.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year experience in a related field; or 10 years’ experience in a related field
- 1+ year of experience in management or lead role
- Requires strong knowledge of various computer applications including business support applications such as MS Office (Word, Power Point and Excel) and knowledge management systems.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and collaborative skills to collaborate effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- Proven experience implementing knowledge management strategies and best practices.
- Strong familiarity and demonstrated utilization of globally adopted style guides.
- Understanding and foundational knowledge of reading and analyzing HTML.
- Demonstrated experience in reporting and data analytics, preferably within a knowledge management environment.
- Experience communicating with and influencing senior leadership and strategic partners.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and initiate corrective and preventative actions.
- Experience optimizing processes, overcoming inefficiencies, and maintaining performance standards.
- Experience managing knowledge management content in a software support environment.
- Experience utilizing and supporting complex contact center technology.
- Experience managing a team that implemented a knowledge management framework.
- System management or administration of a knowledge management platform.