The Logistics Technician is responsible for the following main functions: Receiving, Order Fulfillment, Kitting and Inventory Control. This position also works with various inventory transactions as well as cycle counting in our manufacturing environment. This position is part of a fast-paced team that focuses on impeccable accuracy while meeting deadlines.
The Logistics Technician is a full-time position reporting to the Production Manager. This person will work in partnership with his or her team to achieve goals that are in line with the company’s strategic plan. They will also embrace the high standards of NRG ethics and core values.
- Receive production and non-production materials physically and systemically.
- Generate and receive quick MOs (Manufacturing Orders).
- Receive RMAs (Returned Material Authorized) from NRG customers.
- Communicate urgent deliveries to production and purchasing as required.
- Order Fulfillment
- Work with sales personnel to choose the appropriate mode of transportation. Recommend alternative logistic solution as needed.
- Pick customer orders.
- Pack customer orders.
- Ship orders via UPS (domestic and international).
- Ship order via truckload or LTL (less than truckload) as required.
- Invoice some outgoing customer shipments
- Kitting and Inventory Control
- Periodically cycle count all inventory and reconcile discrepancies.
- Replenish off-site Kanban inventories.
- Some inventory transfer and adjustments in Great Plains.
- Manage inventory locations in Great Plains.
- Forward new work instructions and BOM changes to subcontract vendors as required.
- Secondary Responsibilities:
- Work on projects generating continuous improvement as part of NRG’s Lean Manufacturing philosophy.
- Execute set objectives on a timely basis.
- Carry out any reasonable duties assigned by manager as required.
- Document and maintain functional areas instructions and guidelines.
- Help other Logistical areas as time allows.
- Execute and manage Non-Conforming Records (NRC), mis-ships and order fulfillment stops.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or 2 years logistics/relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment (Two year degree preferred)
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Mathematical aptitude
- Attention to detail with excellent accuracy
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize on a continual basis
- Forklift certification preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, databases, and other office applications as required including:
- Great Plains eEnterprise
- UPS WorldShip, FedEx Ship Manager and various other carrier web portals as required
- Work primarily performed in a climate controlled warehouse environment
- Must comply with Health and Safety Requirements
- Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time