Vermont Economic Development Authority VEDA
The Loan Closing Officer at VEDA prepares loan documents and handles all aspects of closings for VEDA’s agricultural, commercial and SBA loan programs.
Essential Job Functions
• Review commitment letter in preparation of loan documents.
• Review real estate and personal property opinions, title insurance, corporate evidence, leases, contracts,
insurance, and permits provided by legal counsel and others.
• Communicate with all parties, schedules, and attends loan closing.
• Assist attorneys, loan officers, borrowers, and other lenders daily.
• Input accounting database information.
• Perform special projects and assist other employees, as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience within a legal setting or specialized paralegal. Financial institution
experience is beneficial.
• High-level of accuracy and attention to detail when proofing documents for errors.
• Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and perform under tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of and ability to execute sound, effective loan closing/processing techniques.
• Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word/Outlook/Excel software.
• Ability to learn and maintain core loan system and document retention/management applications.
• Proactive and self-motivated.
• Ability to work independently and effectively within a team.
• Standard office environment.
• Some automobile travel throughout the State of Vermont to conduct loan closings.