As a member of the IT Team at OnLogic, you work closely with Engineering and Production teams to ensure our products are built to specification and perform as designed. One of OnLogic’s differentiators is shipping computer systems however the customer wants; that includes the hardware, custom BIOS settings, custom images, and more, leading to millions of possible permutations. As a specialist in all things OS, you play a critical role in ensuring our automated hardware testing platform continually supports bleeding-edge hardware. You’re driven by creating scalable solutions for non-standard problems and breaking through barriers that would intimidate most other people. Come raise the bar with us as we do something no one else does!
On an average day, you’ll…
- Research, design, implement and deploy custom Linux and Windows images for hardware that is yet to hit the market.
- Share your deep knowledge of Linux (and bonus: Windows) with team members who are working with a higher or lower level of system development.
- Help meet production goals related to takt time by creating the most efficient OS boot and image creation procedures.
- Respond to and investigate critical support issues which are impacting orders currently in production.
- Collaborate with our Hardware Test team to implement beginning-to-end test procedures.
- Collaborate with our Infrastructure team to design and implement scalable, robust IoT solutions.
The team you will be joining:
Our IT team touches every aspect of our business and each of our day to day lives here at OnLogic. Made up of software developers, infrastructure and security experts, systems and network engineers and business technology professionals, our IT team is constantly working to improve our internal systems to make our lives easier, while optimizing our website to do the same for our customers. From the technology we use to do our jobs, to the infrastructure that supports the way we build, test and ship our products, our IT team keeps our business running smoothly.
Learn more about Life at OnLogic.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- You have excellent working knowledge of Linux including: application development, scripting, basic administration, kernel interfaces, and embedded/minimal environments.
- You have knowledge of standard boot process (UEFI and Legacy/CSM) and supporting bootloader technologies (GRUB, iPXE, etc.).
- You have experience with Python and/or additional Unix scripting languages (bash, ksh, csh, etc.).
- You have experience with building scalable & modular solutions.
Who we’re looking for:
- You love technology and have a strong understanding of computer hardware and software architectures.
- Familiarity with Windows application development and scripting is a plus!