Do you have a talent for identifying opportunities and building client relationships? If so, then the Lender Solutions Expert at Dealer.com might be just the role you’re seeking! In this role, you will be responsible for prospecting and cultivating opportunities and negotiating deals for the Kelley Blue Book and Manheim Market Report data, presenting these solutions to some of Cox Automotive’s largest revenue clients. We need you to be a master at managing multiple high-profile partnership opportunities, have a polished executive presence, and a keen attention to detail.
You’ll not only be client facing but also working cross-functionally within the division partnering closely with the KBB, Manheim, Lender, Business Development and Data Strategy teams to develop strategic opportunities for the organization. This is a remote role that will require approximately 50% travel and you will report to the Sr. Director Enterprise Information Sales.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Identify, prioritize, and secure strategic partnerships within the assigned segment, driving incremental value for Cox Automotive as measured by net new revenue captured
- Quickly develop a funnel of opportunities and over time a book of business for Cox Automotive’ s information services solutions
- Work with product, sales, marketing, and other teams, as needed, to socialize partnership concepts and gain feedback
- Think strategically about the best, holistic Cox Automotive data solutions for prospective clients. Partner with other sales teams responsible for selling other services/solutions across Cox Auto when the best solution for a prospective client includes multiple services.
- Maintain cross-organization product knowledge to further identify opportunities supporting professional, team, and Cox Automotive goals,.
- Balance priorities with requests for special projects and/or assignments while maintaining appropriate focus on goals; drive to outcomes with urgency
- Ability to create value for Cox Automotive through internal and external relationships
- Ability to assess a partner’s business through presentations, research, and analysis
- Define and establish white space opportunity
- Lead in contract negotiations and pricing discussions
- Partner with the Data Strategy organization to understand Cox Automotive’s data licensing philosophy and understand sales governance principles that have been established to define acceptable and un-acceptable use cases. Work with prospective clients to establish creative solutions that add significant value to clients while working in concert with Cox Auto data licensing principles.
- Work with key internal subject matter experts to analyze current industry trends, expansion opportunities, competitive threats, and make data driven recommendations of the best path forward
- Represent Cox Automotive Information Services at national trade shows such as the National Automobile Dealer’s Association annual event or American Financial Services Association annual conference.
- As new deals are closed, work with existing teams to transition clients to them for on-going account management, allowing time to continually focus on additional net new sales.
- Leverage technology and/or Information Services sales expertise to represent the value of Cox Automotive’s strategic assets. Use familiarity with data delivery platforms, client data ingestion capabilities and data pricing methodologies and to creatively develop approaches that best meet client’s use cases and to structure deals that are advantageous for Cox Automotive.
- Develop knowledge of key competitive Information Services solutions available in the marketplace and demonstrate an ability to successfully position Cox Automotive’s solutions relative to these competitors.
- Collaborate as appropriate with other members of Enterprise Sales who are also focused on selling other products and services to the largest national target accounts of Cox Automotive
What’s in it for you?
As a dynamite Lender Solutions Expert, you deserve success in your life as well, and at Cox, we define “success” as being a part of a company that gives you lots of opportunities and options.
- First, we’ve created an exceptional salary package, plus additional incentives including highly-sought-after yearly sales awards and recognition for our top sales people. We are an inclusive, sales-friendly environment where different perspectives are valued and celebrated.
- Looking for tools and training to up your game? We’ve got them. And we offer a work/life balance that allows you to enjoy flexibility, family, and friends.
- We believe in taking good care of our team, so you’ll also have access to benefits like an impressive base salary with an uncapped commission, 401(K) with company match and quality healthcare & life insurance options.
- Cox gives you flexible paid time-off, provides access to a lifestyle coach, adoption assistance, pet insurance, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement and more.
Bottom line, we take good care of our employees. Want to join us?
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 8+ years of business development, product management, marketing, relationship management, and/or business consultancy experience
- Demonstrated successful sales experience including significant net new proactive development of strategic clients and new revenue streams.
- Demonstrated comfort selling technical solutions such as other Information Services products or technology solutions sold in a subscription service model
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, polished with an executive presence
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Entrepreneurial mindset and high level of accountability; own and manage the opportunity
- Knowledge in structuring business terms and use case
- Creative problem solving
- Understanding of API/SAAS, capabilities, limitations, and applicable processes