Cox Automotive (Dealer.com) is currently looking for a Learning Performance Consultant to join our team. This role is remote/work from home. You must reside in the Eastern Time Zone or Central Time Zone of the United States and be located near a major airport.
The Learning Performance Consultant is responsible for analyzing, selecting, implementing, and delivering learning & development solutions for business performance gaps based on business needs. This requires understanding client business strategies and capability needs and turning that analysis into actionable, innovative solutions aligned with client strategy. The Learning Performance Consultant will collaborate with the Learning Operations and Design team, clients, and subject matter experts to design and deliver leadership, talent, and culture learning programs and resources via virtual, blended, or instructor-led methods. In addition to facilitating individual and group learning experiences, they will steward rotational, gig, and other experiences to help learners unleash their potential in alignment with their career goals at Cox Automotive.
This position reports to the Director, Global Learning Consultation & Delivery.
- Conduct needs analysis employing a holistic view and approach to training solutions by analyzing, selecting, and implementing training and development solutions for business performance gaps based on business needs.
- Apply human performance improvement principles and consult with the business unit and Global Learning team management to improve business performance.
- Partner with internal clients and stakeholders on scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, and timing to ensure project success
- Identify and partner with various thought leaders and subject matter experts to collect, deliver, and validate content.
- Lead training and development initiatives involving multiple associates and matrix partners.
- Coordinate and drive the plan for learning programs. Takes ownership of assigned projects, documents program plans, and promptly tracks and reports results, causing timely milestones completion.
- Manage marketing and communications for assigned programs. Communicate regularly with stakeholders, Global Learning leadership, and others as required.
- Grow and maintain positive relationships with internal CAI departments, external clients, and strategic partners.
- Create and maintain documentation, including Client Profiles, program documentation, and project scope and plan changes.
- May develop instruction or reference content as needed to ensure timely and accurate implementation of performance solutions.
- Perform other duties, as needed, to support the organization’s learning culture.
- BA/BS degree in related field and 6 years’ experience in the development and delivery of adult learning programs. The right candidate could also have a different combination such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; or a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 10 years’ experience in a related field.
- Experience facilitating and delivering leadership development, organizational design, team development, strategy development, and change.
- Understanding of adult learning principles and methodologies with the ability to apply that understanding in a relevant, engaging, real-world manner.
- Ability to deliver learning content using engagement strategies for virtual and in-person settings and to utilize various classroom, webinar, and video delivery tools.
- Experience converting business concepts into creative, engaging, and relevant learning experiences.
- Ability to work and thrive independently in a fast-paced, self-directed environment with a mindset for continuous improvement.
- Ability to write and implement program and project plans.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and communication skills with the ability to engage and inspire all levels of leaders and participants.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook) and aptitude for learning and applying new technologies and instruction techniques.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time and obtain credentials to travel internationally.
- Experience with OneDrive, Smartsheet, and other collaboration software to complete projects and stay connected with key partners.