Cox Automotive (Dealer.com) is looking for a talented and passionate Lead UX Architect to join our team. In this role, you will be a key member of a cross-functional team working on the Dealer.com platform to deliver exceptional websites for tens of thousands of dealers that solve problems for car shoppers and owners. Working with colleagues from Product Management and Engineering, you will lead research with consumers and clients to inform the creation of flows, wireframes, and low-resolution prototypes. You will also partner with teams across the Cox Automotive ecosystem to bring integrated experiences to market. The Cox Automotive work environment is highly collaborative and requires excellent communication skills and a keen ability to build and foster strong partnerships through an open and transparent working style.
You must have extensive experience designing for consumers across devices and influencing others in a team environment. This role advocates for user-centered design techniques and data-driven decision processes.
Our UX team is comprised of a diverse mix of disciplines and perspectives, and we work together to deliver outstanding solutions. You will be expected to mentor others on the team to help us all grow. We are deeply embedded in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment that has a substantial impact on the experience and the business. If this sounds like the type of environment you would like to work in, let’s talk!
- Create user research test plans and scenarios, conduct independent studies, and analyze and present findings to justify design decisions in partnership with UX researchers
- Translate consumer and client needs into high-quality design solutions that deliver value for the business
- Rapidly iterate on low-resolution designs, including wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes, that effectively demonstrate testable product concepts
- Facilitate design workshops with product and development teams to engage them on user needs and UX best practices
- Partner with UI designers as they create high-resolution specs of your designs and see them through delivery
- Present design work to peers and business leaders to gain consensus
- Lead complex work streams independently
- Help other UX team members as they solve their design problems, and collaborate with the rest of the team on improving the way we work
- Engage in enterprise thinking across product lines and services that result in innovative, re-usable design solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction is required
- 6+ years of related work experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to create designs that meet user needs and achieve business results
- Knowledge of current UX design strategies and trends across the web and mobile platforms
- Experience in iterative software delivery methodologies like Agile and SCRUM
- Excellent oral, written, and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Passion and experience working with engineering and product teams
- Independent self-starter
- Excellent leadership skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through on the completion of tasks
- Excellent time-management skills, including the ability to work on concurrent projects and quickly prioritize competing tasks and responsibilities
- Proficiency with Figma preferred
To be employed in this role, you’ll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.