Cox Automotive (Dealer.com) is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our Consumer, Brand & Dealer Platform Engineering Team.
Cox Automotive is the market leading provider of technology services to the automotive industry. Our engineering organization takes pride in building innovative products that make our customers successful. We are passionate about building great software while having fun doing it. The result is an award-winning culture in which everyone is approachable, ideas are judged on their merits, and healthy, empowered people drive transformative technology.
As a Lead Software Engineer on the Consumer, Brand & Dealer Platform Release Train, you will work in a collaborative agile team environment that encourages you to perform at your best and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business challenges. You will apply your knowledge of object-oriented design along with engineering best practices, design patterns, and frameworks to deliver real product value. This team will focus on building, Improving, and maintaining the Dealer.com Leads Platform.
Technologies We Use:
Java, Spring, AWS (EMR, ECS, EC2, S3, EKS, Glue, Athena, QuickSight, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, Kinesis, Terraform, CloudFront, CloudWatch, RDS), Active MQ, Maven, NewRelic/DataDog/SumoLogic, Cucumber, REST/gRPC, Hibernate, MySQL, GitHub, TeamCity/Jenkins, Apache Airflow, Camel and event processing modules, Rules Engine, Cache tools
- Design, develop and maintain frameworks for web-based applications to enhance performance and reliability
- Participate in the development of new industry-leading products leveraging common technology
- Design and develop service-oriented architecture solutions that integrating with complex database and third-party components
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers
- Architect, design and develop platform level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions
- Collaborate on developing best practices, code reviews, internal tools, and process improvements
- Guide, coach, and mentor team members as required, assisting in the team’s skills development during software development projects
- Analyze and conceive solutions, and develop prototypes for next generation components to extend platform architecture, solve complex business problems and extend business functionality
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 18years’experience in a related field
- Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- At least 6 years of multi-threaded server-side web application development experience
- Experience with Infrastructure as a code – Serverless (Node.JS, Python), Terraform, AWS CloudFormation
- Hands-on experience with designing and implementing on AWS is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work with team members to deliver projects on deadlines.
- Proven experience with architecture patterns, design patterns and tradeoffs. (multithreading, database scaling, statelessness, event driven architecture etc)
- Experience with agile methodologies like Kanban (preferred), Scrum, XP, etc. SAFE methodology (a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate technologists with an innovative mindset
- Aptitude for continued growth and development of technical skills/abilities