Dealer.com is currently looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our team.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this is a temporary work from home role but will ultimately work in the Cox Automotive offices in Atlanta, Georgia, Burlington, VT, Irvine, CA or Dallas, TX
About the Team
We are establishing a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practice at Cox Automotive and building SRE teams. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a core initiative within our Cox Automotive Center of Excellence. The goal of the SRE program within the COE is to build the competency and alignment of practices that ensure the reliability, availability and performance of our products. More specifically we will be growing our Site Reliability Engineering focus to work alongside engineering organizations to help deploy, manage, observe, troubleshoot, and enhance our complex cloud-based and on-prem services.
About the Position
You are a Systems Thinking, SRE Engineer who wants to help organizations scale their practice of Reliability Engineering. Ambitious, independent, self-starter that finds joy in iteratively evolving software reliability implementations and practices with software engineering teams and leaders to meet customer needs. You are a quick study and problem solving engineer that enjoys tackling challenging business problems with software and/or hardware.
As a Software Engineer at Cox Automotive you will:
- Contribute to and maintain the integrity of solutions.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand real world problems in our domain
- Design and deliver technical solutions to business and product problems.
- Evolve problem statements into actionable items that enable the team to deliver measurable value.
- Shape actionable items for the data services engineering team to solve those real world problems.
- Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion.
- Work 100% in the AWS Cloud
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 7+ years experience OR MS w/ 5+ years experience OR 11 years experience of equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Git or general version control experience (4-6 yrs)
- Ability to understand and work with product teams to engineer requirements
- Working in a continuous integration, testing, and delivery SDLC employing automation (4-6 yrs)
- Eager to dig into problems and bring proposed solutions to group discussion
- Open to feedback and able to creatively adapt multiple ideas into a solution
- Analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Technical writing including high and low level diagramming techniques
- Experience with lean methodologies
- Public speaking skills