E INC is the parent company of EBlock and EDealer, unifying our approach to products, services, and strategies under one Vision and one Mission: to create the best digital auction and retailing platform in the world by connecting the automotive wholesale and retail experiences. Our brands and their technologies make it easy for a vehicle to move between buyers and sellers throughout its entire ownership lifecycle. Learn more at https://e.inc/
E INC is looking for a Principle/Lead Data Scientist to join its Data Analytics team. As a senior member of the team, the role will be driving critical data science & analytics projects/ programs that are focused on Sales/Product/Market and Retail. The right candidate will bring significant combination of tactical hands-on modeling skills, ability to drive program plans and a strong communication skill with business leaders. Furthermore, this role will need to understand business requirements, conduct quick research, and generate fast prototyping by working closely with business partners and communicate findings to ensure models are well understood and incorporated into business processes.
What You Will Do:
- Design and build models/algorithms to drive predictive & prescriptive analytics and help accelerate business decisions and drive real-time analytical insights
- Research and brainstorm with internal stakeholders to identify advanced analytics opportunities and advance automation, help with knowledge discovery, support decision-making, gain insights from data, streamline business processes, and enable new capabilities
- Lead efforts in advanced analytics solutions to produce value from the company’s unstructured and structured data assets utilizing methodologies from machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence, and natural language processing
- Develop end-to-end efficient model solutions that drive measurable outcomes. Manage the model development lifecycle, including both working with data engineers to identify what data are needed, and training the business end-users on how to leverage the modeling output
- Work with stakeholders in development, assessment, improvement, and transfer of solutions as needed
- Prepare documentation, reports, and presentations that explain advanced analytics concepts, technology, and inner workings of solutions to broader teams including non-technical audiences
What You Will Need:
- 10-12 years relevant industrial experience (preferably B2B, eCommerce), in solving complex business problems using data science, statistical techniques & machine learning to build predictive & prescriptive solutions to grow customer base and sales
- Masters/ PhD in a quantitative field such as data science, statistics, economics, operations research, computer science, applied mathematics, engineering, etc.
- Proven experience in managing and manipulating large, complex datasets
- Demonstrated experience in executing on complex projects, extracting, cleansing, and manipulating large, diverse structured and unstructured data sets on relational – SQL, NOSQL databases
- Working knowledge of machine learning/artificial intelligence. These technical skills include, but not limited to, regression techniques, neural networks, decision trees, clustering, pattern recognition, probability theory, stochastic systems, Bayesian inference, statistical techniques, deep learning, supervised learning, unsupervised learning
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with programming languages such as Python (preferred), R and common machine learning packages such as dplyr, xgboost, glmnet, randomForest, H2o, Numpy, Pandas, scikit-learn, keras, tensorflow, etc.
- Experience in Spark environment is a plus
- Hands-on experience in developing and productionizing solutions using tools in Amazon Web Services (AWS), data aggregation platforms such as Snowflake or similar.
- Good communication and presentation skills, with the ability to tailor the communication style to the right audience
- Experience working in an agile environment with iterative development & business feedback
- Experience providing insights to support strategic decisions, including preparing and delivering insights and recommendations