You will lead the architecture for Consumer Brand and Dealer Platform team, which consists of mission critical applications for the Dealer.com Website Platform. You will collaborate with architects, engineering, product, and agile leaders to establish and scale Consumer Brand and Dealer Platform capabilities with a common technological and architectural vision delivered in the AWS cloud. You will drive the definition of architectural styles and patterns necessary to deliver the functional and non-functional requirements, validate solutions, identify risks and dependencies, and evaluate alternatives through hands-on research, discovery, and prototyping. You will support solution development through providing, communicating, and evolving the greater technological and architectural view of the solution. You will frame solution alternatives in both technology and business terms, ensuring that product and business decisions are not made in isolation of their technical implications, and vice versa.
Architecture Vision and Direction
- Assists with the development of frameworks, standards, policies, principles, and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology.
- Facilitates technical design reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards and consistency across organizational and design boundaries.
- Assists in the identification, analysis, and resolution of technology infrastructure problems.
- Mentors engineers on business knowledge, technology, and career guidance.
- Creates a culture of knowledge sharing and failing forward, providing opportunities for engineers to learn from each other’s successes and challenges.
Technical Architecture Development
- Develops the logical and technical architecture for project and platform initiatives and collaborates with project teams to realize them.
- Evaluates performance, security, reliability, operations, technology, and interoperability requirements and produces high level design deliverables that enable development teams to produce products that are flexible, scalable, and secure.
- Communicates technical architectures, relevant technologies, practices, platforms, and products to delivery team and other stakeholders.
Technology Monitoring & Evaluation
- Evaluates emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal applications of technology to meet business needs.
- Recommends improvements to technology and processes that increase the effectiveness of the team.
- Creates proof of concepts to determine the viability of new or different technologies.
- Oversees and facilitates the evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science degree or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- 10+ years of experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment.
- 5+ years of experience in the implementation of structured design and architecture processes in a corporate environment.
- Software development background in modern server-side computing stacks with Java/Spring Boot preferred
- Software development background in modern browser environments with React based single page app patterns preferred
- Strong background with AWS Services and offerings with a focus on Serverless patterns
- Strong background in API design patterns including RESTful APIs, GraphQL, messaging-based APIs and other architectural integration patterns.
- A solid understanding of the solutions architecture of consumer-scale web solutions, distributed systems integration and cloud computing platforms is strongly desired
- Deep understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, and concepts.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels.