Data Innovations LLC
The Data Innovations Laboratory Technical Consultant’s main focus is to help customers achieve their clinical laboratory software connectivity goals. This position’s primary responsibilities are to provide technical consulting services to customers and facilitate the implementation, training and the use of the Data Innovations products. This person will provide technical expertise, advice and support throughout the entire implementation process. The Laboratory Technical Consultant is expected to work independently, needing little direct supervision.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement connectivity solutions for customers and business partners using Data innovations software
- Provide advanced level support and guidance from pre-implementation through post-live support to ensure maximum benefit from the company’s software solutions
- Provide necessary training of Data Innovations software products to users as part of the implementation process
- Maintain internal tracking systems for services and customer follow-up
- Manage and accurately track time spent on assigned projects and tasks, and meet utilization goals established for the position.
- Act as and provide escalation support for the company’s customer support and sales teams
- Ensure customer concerns are proactively communicated to management and team members as appropriate.
- Document and deliver project status updates to all necessary individuals responsible for the service activity
- Responsible for keeping current on all product releases and enhanced/modified features
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 3 years’ experience and knowledge of a majority of the following: laboratory instrument interfacing, laboratory information system analysis/management/administration, computer networking, Microsoft operating systems, VMware, Serial device connectivity, Network Device Services, and Cache Administration
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal); including ability to communicate technical concepts to people of varying level of technical competency
- Ability to meet travel requirements – at least 50% travel required, which may include travel outside of normal business hours – including evenings and weekends
- Must be willing to comply with and pass a background check and screening(s)
- Sponsorship for a non-immigrant work visa is not available for this position
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Associates Degree in Business Management, Computer Science or related field and at least 3 years of related working experience OR at least 5 years related working experience with service implementations, technical services, project management or clinical laboratories.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
While performing duties of this job, the employee is predominately functioning in a sedentary office position with high frequency of keyboarding, and computer use. This position will also have high travel requirements to customer sites; must be able to tolerate conditions associated with traveling and working in a laboratory setting.
Preferred skills and experience:
In addition to the above requirements, the ideal employee/candidate will have experience with the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 3 years’ experience as a certified Medical Technologist (ASCP, NCA, or equivalent)
- Previous experience using Data Innovations’ products/services
- Working knowledge and understanding of Laboratory Information Software, IVD instrumentation and laboratory workflows
- Previous consulting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to execute upon the principles surrounding project management
- Experience conducting adult education training courses
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and SharePoint applications