We are seeking a Junior UI/UX Designer to join our design team. The addition of this role to our growing team will help expand our resources to additional development teams at VIP. A keen eye for design is a must, as well as experience with graphic design software. This role will help promote design culture within VIP and communicate their designs effectively with stakeholders, developers, and other designers.
This person will need to be flexible and accommodating as we establish new capabilities at VIP. We are a long standing company, but only recently are incorporating formal UI/UX design in our processes. Exploration and experimentation is still needed to determine how designers will best fit into existing development teams. A strong understanding of foundational interaction design principles is a must, especially for multi-channel experiences. Our designers will need to be fluent in mobile and desktop design standards.
The VIP design team also works on documenting and evolving VIP’s general visual presentation. As a UI/UX designer, you’ll also contribute to our design documentation for our design systems and our brand standards. Strong writing skills are very helpful in this role.
- Applying our growing Design System to VIP applications with mockups and/or prototypes
- Documenting our expanding design standards
- Identifying opportunities to enrich and optimize current development processes with design services
- Performing heuristic evaluations of VIP’s current applications
- Conducting basic usability tests and/or user research to resolve design decisions within development teams
- Creating illustrations or graphics to support marketing efforts as needed
The ideal candidate will have these skills and experience:
- BA in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Web Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or other comparable field of study
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch and/or InVision
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop)
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- Working knowledge of various web UI frameworks including Angular, Kendo and ExtJS (don’t worry, you aren’t expected to build or program anything, but this knowledge will help you communicate better with our development teams)
- Knowledge of Material Design System
We look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send us a nice hello, plus links to your work and experience!