Open Approach Inc.
Open Approach is Growing Again
Who We Are
We are a client-focused, values-driven company that provides comprehensive technical support for organizations of all sizes and types here in New England and beyond. We support a wide variety of technologies for our clients and prioritize our clients’ needs and best interests over our own sales numbers. We are an MSP (Managed Services Provider) and deeply care about the success of our clients.
As such, we are not a sales-driven organization. Rather, we let sound and reasonable decision-making drive our bottom line. This translates into long-term relationships with our clients that are rewarding on many levels, not the least of which is a high degree of personal interaction that enhances the enjoyment of our work and our success.
Open Approach is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. The collective sum of the individual differences, innovation, knowledge, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents our culture. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an enthusiastic, empathetic, personable, self-driven individual undeterred by the challenges that come with working in a small but growing tech company. The primary responsibilities are providing great project management with system engineering projects for our clients, getting the best our of our engineering team and enforcing the high quality of standards for those projects. If you’re enthusiastic about project managing highly technical solutions, have the people skills to be strategic with our clients, and enjoy the leadership role, then this could be the fit for you!
A successful candidate for this position will, above all, closely reflect the values that we have built this company upon; honesty, integrity, and an ambition to improve every aspect of our work continually.
If you’re interested, please submit to us your resume, cover letter, and a brief introduction, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced IT Managed Service Provider (MSP) Project Manager to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing multiple IT projects for our clients and coordinating the Systems Engineering resources.
The major responsibilities are:
- Manage multiple IT projects for our clients from start to finish, ensuring they are completed within budget and on time.
- Develop project plans, timelines, and budgets, and track progress throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work closely with clients to understand their needs and expectations, and ensure that project deliverables meet or exceed those expectations.
- Communicate regularly with clients to provide project updates and address any concerns or issues that arise.
- Provide input for the System Engineering department, including ensuring that projects are assigned and completed on time, resources are allocated appropriately, and quality standards are maintained.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and vendors to ensure we are delivering the highest level of service possible, and that we are aware of emerging technologies and trends that may impact our clients’ businesses.
- Ensure that all projects and department operations are in compliance with industry standards and regulations, as well as our company’s standards.
- Identify areas for process improvement, and implement changes as needed to increase efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Provide regular reports to Company Leadership and Account Management on project and department performance, including financial and resource utilization metrics.
- Be strategically aware of organizational challenges, engineering challenges, and client challenges and have the ownership and accountability to identify gaps and work towards solutions.
- Removes roadblocks and obstacles that may impair Systems Engineers to help ensure efforts meet client and technical goals.
- Fosters collaboration with team members to drive value, identify opportunities for continuous improvement, and resolve impediments.
- Collaborating with Open Approach’s Engineering and Client-facing teams to develop and standardize technical change management methodology, tracking, and accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field preferred, but experience matters and we’re open to that.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT project management, with a proven track record of delivering successful projects on time and within budget.
- Strong fundamental understanding of technology including networking, cloud computing, security, and other IT infrastructure areas.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients, vendors, and team members at all levels.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent ability to get the best out of people.
If you are a motivated self-starter with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service, and are looking for an exciting opportunity to help shape our Project Management framework and manage challenging IT projects, we encourage you to apply for this position.