Global-Z International Inc.
Global-Z International, a growing IT service provider in southern Vermont, is a world leader in global marketing data quality services. Over our 30-year history we have cultivated a strong list of dedicated multi-national enterprise clients who rely on our proprietary technology and superior service levels to manage and grow their global marketing efforts, and better understand their customers.
We are seeking a “hands on” IT Product Development Manager to help us at the forefront of creating new solutions to grow the next stage of our evolving business. The position (post Covid-19) will be staffed at our Bennington, Vermont headquarters, and entails the following key responsibilities:
- Technical Product ownership, partnering with our Business Product owners.
- Product development lifecycle management – developing and executing on product roadmaps
- Product specification and engineering – providing technical leadership
- Full-stack development (APIs, backends, frontends)
- Project management – coordinating with both internal and third-party resources
- Support for product integrations with third party solutions (e.g. Salesforce)
- Tier 2/3 Product related operational support
- Helping define and implement our IT dev/ops strategy
- Serving as the interface to technical engineer representatives for client specific needs/customizations
We’re looking for the following qualifications:
- A 4-year degree in IT or a related field
- 3+ years of full-time work experience in IT or a related field preferred
- Demonstrated solutions development experience, with a preference for a background with development using Java, Python
- Database development and management (PostgreSQL experience preferable, including database tuning and query performance optimization)
- Expertise with full text search and indexing (i.e. Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch)
- Expertise with Object Oriented Programming, preferably Java
- Familiarity with Messaging and Queuing solutions, and tuning approaches
- Expertise with application testing methodologies
- Strong project management skills
- Strong understanding of IT and secure coding practices