As a member of the Leahy Center team at Champlain College, the major role of this position is to supervise and participate with a student team in setting up Internet of Things (IOT) networks in a lab environment, specifically focused on building a database of IOT artifacts, instructions on acquisition of IOT and wearable artifacts, and development of an application that law enforcement officers can use to query the database.
The Internet of Things Researcher will work with a team of students in collaboration with Champlain College faculty to plan IOT objectives, scenarios, and test parameters. Will also identify research methods, variables, data collection techniques, and analysis methods.
The Internet of Things Researcher will monitor the project to make sure it follows the requirements and standards set forth by the Statement of Work.
This position is a 3-year temporary position based on external funding.
Successful candidates will possess excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; an ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences; the ability to self-organize, self-motivate, work autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality.
The Internet of Things Researcher will monitor the project to make sure it follows the requirements and standards set forth by the Statement of Work with NCFI.
Areas of Responsibility
- Perform applied research on data collection and data analysis based on IOT devices
- Hire, schedule, train, and supervise student employees for the IT Managed Support Services team.
- Provide advanced-level technical support for all IOT related work.
- Establish policies and procedures for use by the IOT Technicians Technicians
- Experience in Systems Administration, Cybersecurity, or Information Assurance.
- As this position entails overseeing teams of college students, teaching experience, mentoring, or demonstrated experience leading teams is highly preferred.
- Hands-on experience in IOT networks, devices and protocols
- Proven success on research projects; ex blogs, publications, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Administration, Information Assurance, Cybersecurity, Digital Forensics, or related field.