Integrations Technical Architect at Dealer.com is responsible for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements in support of system integrations initiatives. The Technical Architect plays a role in establishing architectural vision and direction, designs technical solutions, develops reference implementations, provides advice and guidance, monitors emerging technologies, and helps in technology evaluation and selection.
Architecture Vision and Guidance
- Assist with the development of frameworks, standards, policies, principles, and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology
- Facilitate technical design reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and design boundaries.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight, act as a point of escalation and serve as a technical expert on projects.
- Communicate technical architectures, relevant technologies, practices, platforms, and products to stakeholders.
Technical Architecture Development
- Design integrations between enterprise applications and between internal & external (third-party) solutions to meet business requirements
- Develop functional, logical, and technical architecture for applications and platform initiatives, and collaborate with other architects and project teams to realize them
- Identify and design for necessary non-functional requirements (performance, security, resiliency, and operational considerations)
- Evaluate functional and non-functional requirements and produce high level design deliverables that enable development teams to produce products that are secure, flexible, reliable, and scalable
- Develop reference implementations
- Recommend options for the resolution/prevention of technical debt and to facilitate rapid development and implementation
- Help develop test plans to ensure correct interoperability between applications and with infrastructure components
- Monitor Technology advances and conduct Proof of Concept for feasibility studies
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- BA/BS degree and 7 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- CS degree preferred
- Experience in multi-tier enterprise applications environments
- 4+ years of integrations architecture design and implementation experience on web applications, SOA, ESB Middleware, Messaging, Queuing, Publish/Subscribe, data streaming technologies, APIs, REST based services, Data Transformations, Eventing frameworks
- Understanding and Knowledge of reusable API management and platform services including Logging, Monitoring, Authentication, and Security.
- Experience architecting in .NET or Java applications
- Experience in technology development and delivery in AWS or similar Cloud based Internet environments
- Experience with relevant database technologies
- Experience as a Technical Lead on large-scale software implementations with design and hands-on development
- Excellent communication skills with experience documenting and presenting architectural designs
- Experience working across multiple teams to influence consistent architecture patterns