As an Inside Business Development Consultant (IBDC), you are the initial point of contact for potential new VinSolutions and Dealer.com customers. You will be responsible for cultivating new sales opportunities within assigned territories by aligning with teams of Regional Sales Managers to proactively contact qualified prospects. You will use your communication skills to forge relationships with potential customers, from first contact, until the attendance of an online or onsite demonstration showcasing the value of VinSolutions and Dealer.com products. If you are confident, self-motivated, competitive, and thrive on exceeding goals set for you, then this is your opportunity to begin your sales career within Cox Automotive.
Here’s more of what you can expect when you step up to the plate:
- Leveraging Salesforce and other sales enablement tools to generate targeted lists of prospects
- Contacting various members of dealerships through cold calls, emails, video emails, and text messages to generate their interest in VinSolutions and Dealer.com product suites
- Creating appointments for qualified dealership personnel to attend live demonstrations which convey the value of VinSolutions and Deler.com product suites
- Utilizing consultative approach to determine the needs of prospects, and overcoming objections
- Collaborating with VinSolutions Product Consultants, Inside Regional Sales Managers, and Outside Regional Sales Managers to ensure product demonstrations are attended by prospective clients
- Constructing weekly reports to summarize employed strategies and performances
- Working with Regional Sales Managers to revisit previously lost sales opportunities and employing new approaches to generate interest in VinSolutions CRM and Dealer.com
- Identifying dealerships currently partnered with Cox Automotive Inc solutions and communicating the value of VinSolutions proprietary software integrations and Dealer.com products
- Building relationships with counterparts at other Cox Automotive Inc business units to cultivate leads and referrals
- Keeping accurate up-to-date information about prospective clients
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of VinSolutions and Dealer.com product suites as well as similar products offered by competitors
- Other job duties as assigned
What’s in it for you?
As a dynamite Inside Business Development Consultant, you deserve success in your life as well, and at Cox, we define “success” as being a part of a company that gives you lots of opportunities and options.
- First, we’ve created an exceptional salary package, plus additional incentives. We are an inclusive, sales-friendly environment where different perspectives are valued and celebrated.
- Looking for tools and training to up your game? We’ve got them. And we offer a work/life balance that allows you to enjoy flexibility, family, and friends.
- We believe in taking good care of our team, so you’ll also have access to benefits like an impressive base salary with an uncapped commission, 401(K) with company match, and quality healthcare & life insurance options.
Cox gives you generous paid time-off, provides access to a lifestyle coach, adoption assistance, pet insurance, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Who You Are:
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- BS/BA degree
- Or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Understanding of automotive business, especially automotive dealerships, familiar with B2B and retail sales techniques
- Outstanding communication and consultation skills, both verbal and written, with strong telephone skills
- Proactive with good organizational and time management skills, self-starter
- Experience with MS Office, Outlook & MS Teams, Salesforce CRM a plus