Instrumart is looking for the right candidate to join our growing team of Sales Engineers!
Our Engineering department is a team of 25+ members that serve as Instrumart’s primary sales force, troubleshooters, and technical support staff. There are two primary focus areas of this role:
- Work with our customers to find the best solution for their unique applications and continue to provide technical support for the life of the product
- Manage the relationship between Instrumart and our vendor partners
At Instrumart we:
- Offer 100% employer-paid health care for employees and their families – at zero cost to you
- Offer competitive compensation packages
- Value open and honest communication
We are an employee-focused company because we know that keeping our teams happy is the key to our success.
- Provide sales and service support to incoming leads on the phone, through our website, and via our online chat platform
- Work with customers to strategize solutions for their application challenges through engineering analysis and provide application quotations and post-sale product support
- Collaborate with supporting departments to ensure accurate pricing, purchasing, and service for your customers
- Review cost accounting on sales orders to ensure profitability on each transaction
- Be the liaison between Instrumart and our vendors for sales, service, discount structure, and pricing
- Work with management, marketing, and website teams to establish go-to-market strategies, product documentation, and pricing
- Assist the shipping department in the pulling and verification of parts on sales orders or incoming shipments
- Test and verify products received from vendors and customers
- Occasionally perform production, calibration, and modification of existing components to meet application demand
The ideal candidate will display:
- Strong technical skills and business acumen
- Excellent time and workload management skills
- Customer service oriented
- Critical thinking- using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Ability to quickly and efficiently learn new product technologies
- Initiative and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
Education & Experience
An Associate’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or general Engineering is required; a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
Previous sales and product support experience, along with product management experience, is preferred.
If you have a strong technical background, an aptitude for sales, and connecting with customers, we’d love to hear from you!
When applying, please remember that your cover letter is your chance to tell us what separates you from all the other applicants; please take the opportunity to provide us with an original, compelling case for why we need to hire you!