THINKMD is a social impact benefit corporation whose mission is to develop digital mobile health (mHealth) clinical intelligence and data analytics platforms that are universally accessible and will have global impact. Our vision is a world where everyone, everywhere is empowered, informed, and enabled to make quality health care decisions leading to healthier families and communities.
Who You Are
We are seeking a new team member to join our expanding group of committed and passionate colleagues. We are growing and so is our customer base! Our new Implementation leader will guide, coach, and direct the partner/customer to initial and ongoing success with THINKMD clinical decision support platform. We are searching for a highly motivated individual with a project management background and a result-oriented mindset. One that is mission driven for making tangible change in health care, is flexible and energized by challenges and has global health care experience.
The Implementation Lead will guide the partner throughout their journey to create a flawless implementation experience. This includes implementation planning, rapid onboarding and training, and platform expansion planning for improved adoption and scale. Additionally, you will work with other THINKMD colleagues to establish, track, and report on shared success criteria via our robust data analytics tool set.
The implementation Lead will coordinate the THINKMD Team and will work with the partners to achieve the Implementation and adoption goals.
- Responsible for developing customized implementation plans for partners. Directs required internal service partners to ensure delivery of service is completed within agreed upon time frames, with full ownership of end-to-end process.
- Conduct implementation kickoff with partner (in-person or via teleconference) to review project requirements, develop plan of approach, develop customized implementation project plan, directs group of internal resources, assigns roles and responsibilities and determine agreed upon time frames for completion; regular communication with client and Partner success to update status and address issues.
- Manage, with the support of the THINKMD PMO, each implementation as a project from end to end while meeting defined Service Level Agreement (SLA)with a focus on expediting revenue generation and scaling adoption.
- Regular communication with partners and THINKMD Business Development and Partner Success lead to update status and address issues and to support sales efforts.
- Lead training sessions with partners as needed via webinars, on phone and in person for one/one interaction on more complex implementations.
- Define and plan THINKMD training material and onboarding tools to help expedite the train-the-trainer model we employ.
- Working within the Partner Success organization you will be a critical part of our goal of having an industry leading partner success experience that leads to deep partner relationships, platform renewals and scale, and positive impact on the communities we serve.
- With the Partner Success Leadership you will have the opportunity to lead and build our implementation function from the ground up and have lasting impact.
What You Need To Have
- 5+ years of experience with project management at a healthcare software company and demonstrated ability to manage and collaborate across teams to deliver on a project.
- 3+ years of experience implementing or managing the implementation of software within an enterprise. Experience in implementing clinical toolsets and related software is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s in Public Health is an advantage.
- Experience in Global Health is highly desirable including global travel specifically in Low- and Middle-Income countries. Independent minded and willingness to travel to these areas are critical.
- Experience managing multiple partners or projects simultaneously with demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to reprioritize tasks.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and iteration, thriving in an environment that allows you to build out processes and playbooks, test them, and optimize.
- Relational intelligence – able to form individual relationships and rapport quickly and build partner advocates
- Comfortable with data – able to sift through data to come up with themes and present the underlying insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication with an emphasis on empathy and solution-oriented responses.