|The Human Resources Director is an integral part of NRG’s leadership team and responsible for delivering best practices, policies and HR services to all levels of staff. The successful individual will represent NRG in a highly ethical and professional manner. This individual must be highly motivated, organized and self-directed who can handle a variety of sensitive and confidential matters.
The HR Director will manage the HR, Facilities and Administration departments. This position will oversee the execution of all areas of HR, including benefits administration, recruiting and staffing, employee development, compliance, wellness, compensation, and performance management. The HR Director also serves as an influential voice on NRG’s Operating Group (OG), a group of department managers with company-wide operational oversight.
The HR Director will report directly to the President of NRG. NRG is part of the ESCO Technologies Utility Services Group (USG) and, in this context, this role will also report indirectly to the VP of HR of the USG. This person will work in partnership with his or her team to carry out the goals of the HR department, address workplace challenges, and maximize the value of the HR and Administration departments.
- Leads the HR/Admin department on various programs including employee relations, compensation/salary planning, benefits/HRIS, performance management, employee relations,
- Manages Facilities Department
- recruitment, employee engagement and culture building activities.
- Analyzes current HR programs and trends to evaluate effectiveness and recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to the President on employee and workplace culture matters.
- Serves on the Operations Group.
- Liaise with the Human Resources department at ESCO Technologies as appropriate, such as serving on the ESCO Foundation board and on regular communications with other subsidiary HR leaders.
- Works with senior managers on succession planning, diversity & inclusion, coaching/mentor programs, training & development.
- General Compensation & Benefits duties. Provides guidance for Senior HR Generalist.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Works in collaboration with team to set HR Department goals, objectives and systems.
- Oversees the performance appraisal system.
- Assists with recruitment as needed, including sourcing, screening, interviewing negotiating final offers, etc.
- Works closely with finance/payroll teams.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Improves efficiency of HRIS and in HR Processes
- Effectively communicates NRG’s HR policies and procedures
- Serves a liaison to Payroll Dept. regarding benefit deduction adjustments and other Payroll Dept. regarding data changes and HRIS/Payroll system integration issues
- Represents NRG to the local community and the wind industry at certain public functions as appropriate.
- Upholds NRG ethics and values to their highest standards.
- Maintains a maximum level of confidentiality and respect for individuals.