This position is responsible for protecting and managing clients’ health information at Howard Center sites and the integrity of that information. This is accomplished through auditing functions, the processing of authorizations, communicating with staff and others, and providing training and support as needed.
- Monitor Health Information associated with Openings, Closings, and Discharges.
- Trouble shoot any problems found and utilize EHR Essentials ticketing system to alert clinicians to errors.
- Conduct audits to ensure completeness and accuracy of all client related documentation.
- Review and process authorizations and requests for information,
- Utilize ROI database as a record of requests and actions taken.
- Complete all daily filing, scanning and indexing responsibilities.
- Deal with all visitors and agency staff in a professional manner.
- At least two years of related experience.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Understanding of regulations and privacy laws such as HIPAA, FERPA that govern health information and billing.
- Knowledge of MS Office, comfortable learning new computer programs, organizational skills, good written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently and with a team
- Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
- Benefits Eligible