Northern Digital Inc. (NDI Shelburne)
When the world’s top medical device OEMs and academic institutes need real-time medical instrument navigation, they call NDI. Why? Because no one can rival the accuracy and reliability of our optical measurement and electromagnetic tracking solutions. NDI team members are passionate about delivering innovative technology that will help to unlock new procedures and solutions. Interested in becoming a valued member of the NDI team? We’re growing and looking for great people to join us.
Our team of professionals at the Northern Digital Inc. (NDI) office located in Shelburne, Vermont are currently recruiting for experienced Hardware Engineers to join our R&D team in the development of embedded systems for use in medical devices.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
You will be responsible for detailed design and development of DSP and processor-based systems, along with FPGAs, wireless communication (Bluetooth and homebrew) and low-level interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, etc.) Your work will be from conceptual design to breadboarding to implementation. This role requires someone with a proven record of architecting and implementing embedded hardware systems, which means you have some firmware and coding skill experience as well.
You will work as part of a cross-functional R&D team, building solutions for our OEM partners. This role requires someone with a proven record of architecting and implementing embedded hardware systems. The successful candidate will be dependable, highly organized, and effective at hardware design, implementation, and testing. The successful candidate will be joining our team of professionals at the Northern Digital office located in Shelburne, Vermont.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Help the team to collaborate and integrate designs with the embedded system software group.
- Participate in discussions with internal/external customers to ensure application requirements are fully understood and recorded.
- Prepare material and participate in peer reviews.
- Design to NDI’s internal development standards, and produce associated technical documentation to meet design control requirements.
- Participate in defining/developing appropriate tests for the embedded designs.
- Ensure completion is timely, striving to meet or exceed project milestones.
Ready To Make a Difference?
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- BS or advanced degree in engineering such as Electrical or other related technical discipline, with 3+ years of Experience.
- A fit with NDI culture: Be Different, Be Better; Customer First; Be Genuine & Honest; Win Together.
- A focus within one (or more) of the following concentrations:
- Signal processing, DSPs (Sharc, TI).
- Zynq/ARM and other embedded processors, FPGA design (Xilinx & Altera).
- Digital design including programmable logic, interfaces, communications (USB, ethernet) and wireless.
- Analog design (amplifiers, drivers, filters), component selection, Spice, power regulation.
- Altium or other board layout software experience.
- Familiarity with C/C++ and/or some other programming language experience (Python/Matlab).
- Magnetics/physics/mathematics background a plus.
Desirable Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to initiate and take on work independently with minimal guidance.
- Good personal organization as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Hands-on test and debugging skills in the lab, including use of standard equipment such as logic-analyzers, oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, multimeters, and data acquisition systems.
- Some travel to sister and customer sites.