Northern Digital Inc. (NDI Shelburne)
NDI would like to invite an experienced Hardware Design Engineer to join our R&D team in the development of embedded systems for use in medical devices and simulations. We are an essential business that enables diagnostic imaging as well as other non and minimally invasive surgical procedures. You will be responsible for detailed design and development of DSP and CPU based systems, along with FPGA and low-level interfaces, powers supplies and analog devices, from conception to implementation, and will work as part of a cross-functional R&D team, building solutions for our OEM partners. This role requires someone with a proven record of architecting and implementing embedded hardware systems. The successful candidate will be dependable, highly organized, and effective at hardware design, implementation and testing.
The successful candidate will be joining our team of professionals at the Northern Digital office located in Shelburne, Vermont.
What Will You Be Doing:
- Help the group to collaborate and integrate designs with the embedded system software group
- Participate in discussions with internal/external customers to ensure application requirements are fully understood and recorded
- Prepare material and participate in peer reviews
- Design to NDI’s internal development standards, and produce associated technical documentation to meet design control requirements
- Participate in defining/developing appropriate tests for the embedded designs
- Ensure completion is timely, striving to meet or exceed project milestones
Ready To Make a Difference?
The Ideal Candidate will have a Master’s degree plus 3 years in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• 5+ years implementing digital/embedded hardware systems
• 5+ years of recent experience with DSP, ARM and FPGA technologies. Analog and digital signal processing a plus.
• Experience in developing Bluetooth and serial interface solutions, such as UART, I2S, I2C, SPI and TDM
• Familiarity with C/C++ and/or some other programming language experience
• Power supply design.
What You Will Bring To the Role:
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Magnetics/physics/mathematics background a plus
- Ability to initiate and take on work independently with minimal guidance.
- Good personal organization as well as written and oral communication skills