Select Design is looking for a talented and dedicated designer to join our creative team in Burlington, VT. The ideal candidate is both a skilled technical designer and a thought leader who can develop creative ideas from conception to execution in collaboration with other internal stakeholders. You will be responsible for high-quality creative outcomes that bring brands to life in compelling and interesting ways.
A few things to know:
· We work as part of a team that collaborates on almost everything to achieve the best possible results.
· We approach our work with energy, heart, and dedication. Hustle and passion are a must.
· We support each other. Being a kind, open, and honest communicator is vital for this role.
· We value uniqueness, the willingness to take on anything, at any time and the desire to push yourself and those around you to do better work.
· To be considered, a link to your portfolio must be provided.
· Brainstorm strategic design solutions across campaign development, visual identity systems, and product design.
· Visualize & develop vector graphics, illustrations, branding, layouts, etc. with a detail-orientated approach for product and merchandise design.
· Create campaign content, new design templates, & layout options.
· Concept and mood board directional approaches to design, branding, product, and video inclusive of motion graphics and animation.
· Develop storyboards for animated video content.
· Communicate clearly and efficiently with account leads and interdepartmental stakeholders to meet design deadlines and produce high-quality work that fits the client brief.
· Provide insight into industry best practices, design trends, and content generation ideas.
· Communicate design concepts with clear reasoning behind proposed solutions, both written and verbally with internal teams and external stakeholders.
· 5+ years of relevant design experience, with a proven record of brand design and evolution.
· Consumer brand, advertising, or marketing agency experience.
· Strong eye for aesthetics and visual details.
· Solid understanding of typography and layout hierarchy.
· Experiential knowledge of digital and print design, illustration, typography, etc.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Ability to manage several overlapping projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
· Proficiency in design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc.).
· Self-starter who values collaboration and feedback.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in graphic design.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
· Proactive communication skills, comfortable with expressing perceived challenges with the brief and communicating myriad proposed solutions.