Resonant Link is transforming the charging experience across industries and leading the movement to electrify work, logistics, transportation, and patient care. Our mission is to provide fast, safe, and reliable wireless power to help people, businesses, and the planet thrive, and more specifically, to:
- Power fleets while they work: enable material handling equipment like forklifts and robots to achieve 24/7 uptime. Resonant Link envisions a future where wireless chargers are integrated into the stops that already exist during fleet operation (think pick stations for robots or loading docks for forklifts), saving time, saving money, and protecting the planet through smaller batteries, smaller fleets, and more efficient power distribution and energy storage.
- Eliminate drivelines and risky battery replacement surgeries, forever: eliminate unnecessary surgeries, enable new therapies, and elevate existing treatments with the world’s smallest, fastest, easiest to align, FDA-compliant wireless chargers for implantable medical devices like neurostimulators, pumps, and pacemakers.
As a Government & Strategic Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for developing non-dilutive funding strategy in alignment with Resonant Link’s product and deployment roadmap. You’ll serve as the primary interface and administrator for key government grants and incentives, and you’ll work to identify, develop, and win federal, state, and local government funding opportunities.
We’re committed to building a healthy, collaborative culture – and to help us deliver on our mission, we’re looking for empathetic problem solvers and leaders, with a passion for solving big challenges at the boundary between scientific innovation and productization. If you get energized by working at the intersection of team, tools, and technology, we’re excited for you to bring your expertise, creativity, and leadership to the team!
On an average day, you’ll…
- Develop funding opportunities for wireless charging for electric vehicles and medical devices
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop non-dilutive funding strategy, in alignment with product roadmap, with buy-in from Commercial, Product, Engineering and Leadership teams
- Own, manage, and report on grant submission pipeline, from researching and identifying funding opportunities through negotiating and executing award contracts
- Lead funding proposal development and submission, including developing project plans and drafting funding narrative and maintaining support documents -in accordance with Resonant Link’s roadmap and in partnership with Product, Engineering and R&D teams
- Develop and maintain relationships with funding agencies, strategic partners, and government partners on a national, state, and local level
- Deliver, with cross-functional collaboration, the project requirements for the awarded grants, maintaining contract compliance and meeting reporting requirements
The team you’ll be joining:
Resonant Link is based in South Burlington, Vermont, with team members in more than a dozen states in the U.S. and in Europe. Some team members work on-site in our Vermont lab, others co-work together in central locations, like San Francisco, Boston, and Zurich, and others work remotely full-time. Our investors and partners include The Engine, Emerson Collective, Volta Energy Technologies, National Science Foundation, the Department of Defense, Cyclotron Road / Activate, Stanford, Dartmouth, Third Sphere, Scout Ventures, and others.
- Experience in business development, building interest and public awareness for complex technical products, and identifying and developing funding opportunities
- Aptitude for outreach, forming relationships, and exploring strategic partnerships, with preference for experience in government relations on a local, state, and national level
- Experience leading proposal development and submission, with preference for experience in funding opportunities in technology startups
- Program management, with preference for experience in research, compilation, application and administration of government grant and incentives
- The role can be 100% remote. The candidate should be comfortable with around 25-30% travel to government offices, national labs, Burlington HQ, and conferences / trade shows.
- Must have up-to-date vaccinations for COVID-19 and at times, may be required to use a mask when visiting on-site or attending company-sponsored events
Who we’re looking for:
- You operate with empathy, integrity, and a growth mindset, viewing mistakes and challenges as learning opportunities and building upon your successes. You challenge yourself to continuously grow and improve.
- You’re adept at working in a distributed, dynamic environment, and feel comfortable navigating change and ambiguity.
- You’re a collaborative, respectful, and honest team member – you understand the impact of your work/your team’s work on other projects and people, and you know together is always better!
- You’re a creative problem solver, taking initiative to own and solve problems with a mindset of continuous improvement – ensuring bigger picture issues are addressed, not just the problem at hand.
- Your attention to detail is unparalleled, and you’re energized by opportunities to systematically drive our revenue metrics.
- You’re able to think several steps ahead to mitigate downstream risks, and are not afraid of asking questions to proactively identify issues or broaden your understanding.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, plus strength in customer-facing document preparation.