As a Global Commodity Manager, you are a key part of the Operations team within the Global Supply Chain team. Based out of our South Burlington, Vermont location, you are responsible for identifying, creating, and managing global supplier relationships as well as to drive technical commodity strategies for the key functional suppliers including: motherboard COTS products, PCBA assembly, and contract manufacturing.
You thrive in a fast paced environment and are practiced in maintaining continuity of supply whilst reducing potential risk within the supply chain. You achieve this through excellent communication, negotiations, and understanding the true business need on both sides. Ensuring diversified sources with the best quality for the best value. In short, you operate strategically, supporting the needs of the business, working with our suppliers to find a mutually beneficial solution!
- Partner with stakeholders to develop and execute on all aspects of strategic sourcing and procurement within key commodities such as memory, storage, IC’s, motherboards, and CPU’s.
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships with key stakeholders and owners and collaborate with every partner in a approachable manner
- Lead supplier communications, understand the market, support data collection & analytics, and contract management, such as (pricing, terms and conditions, SOWs, MPAs, & FSS etc.)
- Lead opportunity assessments, category strategies, supplier negotiations and supplier performance/relationship management
- Capture product and service requirements from business owners and stakeholders for improvement activities and supplier business reviews
- Support the business in spend management projects that accomplish key objectives like supplier cost savings, process effectiveness, supplier consolidation & management, risk reduction & management, improved visibility and control of spend
- Meet with suppliers and stakeholders for key operational and status updates used to drive supplier relationship management and compliance while building strong partnerships
The team you will be joining:
Our Operations team is responsible for building, testing, packaging and shipping OnLogic technology around the world. Their tireless attention to detail, and commitment to quality lets us boast about how reliable and configurable our systems are. Members of the Operations team cross-train on multiple disciplines to provide us with unparalleled staffing flexibility and the capability to react to any production demand. Always living up the way we work through continuous improvement and process optimization, Operations is where project plans and technical specifications become a reality. Roles on the Operations team include computer production, hardware testing, fulfillment services, supply chain management, product and process quality, production engineering and technical support.
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree in a relevant field is preferred such as Engineering (ME/EE/IE) or Supply Chain; or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of supply chain or commodity management experience applicable to the commercial/consumer electronics industry or related experience
- You have demonstrated ability and passion to dissect/solve problems with a fact based, data driven, rigorous approach
- You are a creative problem solver and negotiator and you thrive when multitasking and work best in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- You manage multiple projects and timelines within deadline and you have excellent attention to detail and have strong analytical skills
- Your collaboration and communication skills (both verbal and written) are demonstrably effective in a collaborative environment
Who we’re looking for:
- You are confident in managing and executing projects from start to finish
- You are resourceful with a strong work ethic, committed to complete execution of projects and objectives. You are self-directed/driven with excellent organizational skills