The Fiber Engineer will assist in the design of physical fiber path across the FirstLight Fiber network in support of providing fiber-based services. Manage the inventory of the FirstLight Fiber network through database tracking of fiber enclosures, fiber optic cable, conduit, building data, and more. This position will report to the GIS Plant Records Manager, with regular interaction with the Outside Plant Team, GIS Technicians, Sales Engineering, and Principal Members of Technical Staff.
- Assist in the design of routes and splicing required for fiber-based services including Point to point, Ring, FTTH and path diverse routing
- Research existing databases, files, and records for purposes of network design, fiber optimization, and relocation of fiber facilities Provides design schematics of fiber path and splicing work to be performed for fiber projects, relocation of existing fiber facilities, and restoration of existing traffic
- Ensures fiber optic database is current and accurate by inputting data of physical fiber assets and fiber enclosures into the data management system
- Ensures inventory of fiber circuits is accurate by inputting fiber usage data into inventory management database and maintaining information as changes occur.
- Provides preliminary design of exhausted network overbuilds for review by executive team.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications and professional working relationships with customers both internal and external
- Organizes workday efficiently to maximize productivity by utilizing proper time management techniques
- Assists in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned