Vermont Information Processing is the country’s leading provider of software solutions for the beverage industry. We craft the technology that assists in every part of a beverage’s journey from its creator to your glass! For over 50 years VIP’s growth and success have been driven by the excellent relationships that we’ve built with our beverage customers and partners. We work to solve their mission-critical problems, provide innovative solutions for their businesses and never stop reimagining ways that we can help them succeed.
VIP & Backbar are seeking a mid-senior level Full Stack Software Engineer with a passion for creating user-friendly applications. This position will work with Backbar software products and the ideal candidate will be well-rounded across the entire software stack. This is an opportunity to work on fun and challenging projects and have a big impact on a growing business.
- Work across multiple parts of the tech stack: architecture, front and back-end web development, mobile apps, and data warehouses
- Work with internal and third-party API integrations and develop new APIs
- Work with high volume ETL systems, data warehouses, and predictive forecasting
- Build robust, secure, scalable, and appropriately tested features from end to end
- Provide guidance and knowledge to perform code reviews and improve code quality, architecture, and product performance across the platform.
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- Solid knowledge of programming fundamentals—algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and paradigms
- Experience in a test-driven environment with an understanding of testing methodologies and the importance of writing unit tests
- Strong understanding of relational database technologies, including SQL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Technologies We Use:
- Frameworks: Node, Express, Vue, React Native, Redux
- Tools: Jira, Git, Ansible, PUG, Stylus, Firebase
- Cloud Computing: AWS EC2, S3, Fargate, Lambda, RDS, API Gateway, SQS, Snowflake