As a front-end developer at Bluehouse Group, you will create high-quality solutions for a variety of interesting clients. You’ll help organizations solve their business challenges working with a high-performance team that synthesizes creativity, technical expertise, and business smarts.
The agency’s portfolio reflects our penchant for interesting engagements — web applications for startups, lead-generating websites for renewable energy companies, content-rich websites for nonprofits, and mission-critical websites for government.
As a company we strive to care for and support our staff. We treat our people as exactly that: people. We recognize the needs of life and family.
We pride ourselves on having a good work-life balance, which includes flexibility around work schedules and remote work. We empower our staff to be continuous learners and encourage learning opportunities. We also give back to and support our local communities.
- Work with designers and application developers to translate designs into CMS and database-driven websites and web applications.
- Contribute to project scope and time estimates.
- Contribute to team success and client satisfaction.
- Experience with command line interfaces such as Git, Node.js, CSS pre- and post-processors.
- Familiarity with UX design software such as Sketch, UXPin, and InVision.
- Working knowledge of at least one CMS.
Good to Have
- Knowledge of UX design best practices
- Experience with Git-driven workflow.
- Experience with an MVC-style CMS.
- Experience with technical Search Engine Optimization.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and/or experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of web development experience, preferably in an agency setting.
Traits We Look For in an Engineer
- Ability to deliver effectively and efficiently.
- Willingness to solve problems across a variety of projects and technologies.
- A keen eye for detail and a sense for effective user experience
- Good organizational & communication skills and ability to move between tasks easily.
- A focus on best practices (coding techniques, security, performance).
- Ability to look at the larger picture, and think proactively.
- Willingness to learn and grow.