Union Street Media
Union Street Media is seeking a talented and energetic Freelance Designer to join our team. Union Street Media is the top real estate digital marketing firm in the country, providing custom digital marketing solutions and high performing websites for independent-minded brokerages throughout the U.S.
The Freelance Designer plays a crucial role in visualizing and executing our clients’ and the company’s design needs, including, but not limited to, website design, advertising design, marketing collateral creation, branding (ex. logo design), and product and user experience design (ex. wireframes and user flows). The role requires strong communication skills, creativity, attention to detail, and critical thinking to ensure a high standard of quality for all deliverables.
User experience strategy is a mix of art and science. The Freelance Designer is an enthusiastic, critical thinker who understands how to blend technology and art to craft meaningful, effective digital user experiences. Especially as it relates to website, advertising and product design, the Freelance Designer understands consumer behavior, constantly embraces innovation, and is mindful of industry changes, emerging trends and best practices.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
* Assist the Design team with digital ad creation; create high performing ads that adhere to best practices and meet customer and internal expectations.
* Assist with creating marketing collateral and documentation for Union Street Media and clients.
* Create fresh, unique website designs for our real estate clients that meet their goals in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while adhering to both the project’s timeline and budget.
* Present substantiated design and user experience recommendations that have a direct bearing on lead conversion and website performance.
* Be passionate about great design and maintain a solid understanding of current web design theories and technologies
* Proficient in responsive design, user experience elements, and familiar with ADA compliance.
* Working with other members of Production, ensure a smooth build and launch of new websites; providing guidance and oversight to ensure the design was built according to client expectations and maintain high quality.
* As needed, develop branding solutions for clients (ex. logo design, style guide/color/theme development, etc.)
* Work on special design projects as needed.
* Previous internship or experience working directly with customers
* Proficient in current web design theories and technologies
* Solid knowledge of Adobe CS, including Photoshop
* Understanding of HTML and CSS required
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate articulately both verbally and in writing
* An eye for detail and passion for all things digital
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Position is open immediately. This is a freelance/contract position.
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer. Leveraging the diversity of our people and sustaining a culture of inclusion is one of the key pillars of our success as a company. Bringing together people with different disciplines, different backgrounds and experiences, different cultures and from different generations makes us a stronger, better organization. Quite simply, creating a culture of inclusion and diversity of thought drives our success.