Seeking individual who will serve as an integral part of Howard Center’s accounting team to account for the Agency’s operations in accordance with U.S. GAAP and to assist in preparing, reviewing and maintaining the financial statements. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining correct accounting standards, enforcing company policies and maintaining good relations with the accounting staff and other departments. The Financial Accountant will conduct and document complex accounting activities or financial analysis as dictated by business need. This role will interface with all the finance teams in developing and implementing the yearly budget.
- Assist with the monthly and annual close process including GL reconciliations, accruals and financial reporting
- Maintain consistent and well documented month end closing schedules. Responsible for timely preparation of accurate financial statements.
- Ensure accounting records are retained according to company, IRS and accounting requirements.
- Prepare and analyze balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end audit requirements and schedules.
- Administration and development of budget software including maintenance, modeling and reconciliation with other data set/systems
- Developing and maintaining reports in agency accounting and budget management system.
- Assist integrating and analyzing data across multiple systems, preparing monthly financial statements.
- Serve as support and liaison to accounting for Financial Management
- Develop and implement revenue recognition schedule for all grant & contract revenue
- Identify and drive process improvements, whenever possible
- Advise billing & AR department in grant & contract GL coding
- Prepare funding specific financial reports
- Four years of direct experience in accounting
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Expert level proficiency in excel preferred
- Experience with a computerized general ledger software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics preferred
- Experience with budgeting software particularly Adaptive Planning is preferred