Serve as an integral part of Howard Center’s accounting team to account for the Agency’s operations in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Conduct and document complex accounting activities or financial analysis as dictated by business need.
- Assist with the monthly and annual close process including GL reconciliations, accruals, and financial reporting
- Ensure accounting records are retained according to company, IRS and accounting requirements, and prepare funding specific financial reports
- Assist in the preparation of year-end audit requirements and schedules.
- Administration and development of budget software including maintenance, modeling, and reconciliation with other data set/systems
- Develop and implement revenue recognition schedule for all grant & contract revenue
- Advise billing & AR department in grant & contract GL coding
- Four years of direct experience in accounting
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Expert level proficiency in excel preferred
- Experience with a computerized general ledger software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics preferred
- Experience with budgeting software particularly Adaptive Planning is preferred