DominionTech Computer Services
Do you enjoy implementing, setting up & testing new technology? Do you have a passion to learn and work with firewalls/servers/switches, Azure, Office365, and/or MacOS?
You will not only succeed but will love this role at Dominion Tech if you enjoy responsibility & execution. Specifically, you will track, implement, test, and report on a variety of IT projects for our clients in an accurate and timely manner. You will also be the primary point person to deploy new laptop set ups for our Managed Clients. You will be provided and adhere to our team’s established policies, procedures, and checklists which will provide stability & coaching for this role. You will be affronted a full-time, benefits-eligible position, which will occasionally have some after-hours or weekend work to meet client needs.
- Understand workplace and provide feedback and questions when needed
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures, checklists, and team documentation policies
- Identify Out of Scope and Change Order issues
- Report on metrics
- Be accountable for meeting goals
- Regular time entry and Workplan updates
- Have a passion for documentation & customer service
This role will include training, which over time, will lead to the following technical abilities:
- Understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting
- Firewall/UTM configuration, management, and troubleshooting
- Understanding of Network Security technologies
- Current Window Server Operating Systems
- Server Virtualization on-premises and in the cloud (VMWare, Hyper-V, Azure)
- Windows/Mac Support
- Active Directory, user management, and Group Policy
- Office 365 Management and Support
- VOIP configuration and support
- Mobile device management
- Sophos Experience is a Plus!
What Does It Look Like?
- Participate in regularly scheduled huddles & weekly structured team meetings, prepared to report on your individual metrics
- Inform management of recurring problems or clients at risk
- Maintain education and knowledge to align with support needs
- Scheduled After-hours work will be planned. Emergency after-hours work may occur
- Possess a can-do attitude, positivity, & empathy towards our clients & team
- Be inquisitive and take initiative (Own an issue, follow it through from start to finish. Find an answer by using all available internal and external resources and be able to focus on the larger picture.)
- Ability & excitement to train and mentor junior technical associates
- Demonstrate time management skills that allow you to effectively manage multiple projects at one time
- Patience, foresight, and confidence are character traits that are beneficial for this position
- If candidate does not have formal technical experience, a proven passion for developing technical skills & learning is a must.