The Engineering Technician position is an important role supporting a team of about 30 talented engineers. The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude, be curious, and will bring a strong desire to learn different aspects of engineering. This is a great role for a budding engineer who enjoys hands-on technician level tasks.
This position will perform prototyping, lab and field testing, and equipment installations tasks. This position requires someone who has a good understanding of both mechanical and electrical practical design theory and related test equipment including good familiarity with the testing tools associated with these disciplines.
The Engineering Technician is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Delivery Manager. This person will work in partnership with the engineering team to achieve goals of the department that are in line with the company strategic plan, and will embrace the high standards of NRG ethics and core values.
Work with electrical and mechanical engineers on a variety of tasks:
- Perform Engineering verification testing on product development projects
- Build prototype electrical or mechanical assemblies
- Complete and maintain work instructions, test plans, test procedures and reports
- Provide field support for installation of prototype equipment
- Identify features/improvements to improve products (e.g. usability, durability, performance)
- Manage product kitting and inventory management in support of prototype work
- Contribute to product innovation and continuous improvement activities
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements