89 North®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chroma Technology Corp, develops innovative products for the biomedical imaging market. We focus on development of high-performance light sources for fluorescence-based applications including fluorescence microscopy, automated DNA sequencing, HTS/HCS, real time PCR and microarray analysis
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Technician!
JOIN OUR AWARD-WINNING TEAM! Recognized as a Best Places to Work in Vermont and awarded the DCD Outstanding Vermont Business of the Year, Chroma Technology Corp. is a 100% employee-owned company and certified B corporation. We are able to offer an extremely generous package of benefits, rewards, and a value-driven work environment. Join our team of collaborative employee-owners who are self-motivated, independent workers willing to strategize and together work towards the long-term prosperity of the company.
The Engineering Technician – Supports the engineering and production activities of the company through application of principles of science, engineering, and mathematics. The responsibilities of this position pertain to the entire product lifecycle, from support of R&D and product development to sustaining engineering and end of life activities. In addition, the Engineering Technician provides technical assistance to production process implementation and continuous improvement, as well as issue resolution.
- Assist in electro-mechanical design and development activities related to product improvements and new product development under the guidance or the technical lead and/or senior engineer.
- Conduct experiments and investigations.
- Assemble prototypes, perform benchmarking studies.
- Assist in the design of tests and experiments and generate procedures.
- Perform verification, qualification, and validation testing of new designs and products.
- Collect, prepare, and analyze data; create reports.
- Create and revise project technical documentation.
- Support Engineering in the execution of change control activities.
- Support Production in implementation of assembly procedures, process improvement efforts, quality testing, troubleshooting, and rework.
- Assist in technical customer support activities.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of fabrication and assembly documentation.