As a full-time member of the Engineering Team at the OnLogic South Burlington, Vermont Headquarters, you will use your expertise to provide technical assistance to the engineers from concept to production. You have a passion for technology, very strong technical skills relating to electronic hardware and enjoy hands-on work. You have experience building up hardware including soldering, have basic circuit design & layout skills, you are proficient in the troubleshooting of electronic products and you love working in a laboratory!
On an average day, you’ll…
- Develop test plans for and execute verification of functionality and quality of newly developed motherboards and expansion cards in the Electrical Engineering Laboratory to ensure products perform to specifications.
- Create and modify test scripts and software to functionally test computer hardware.
- Create library elements such as symbols and layout footprints for devices such as ICs or passive components.
- Assemble prototypes by procuring parts and components, coordinating builds with external parties and hand soldering where needed.
- Support the bring-up and troubleshooting of newly developed electrical products.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Procurement Teams to identify and evaluate new computer hardware systems and configurations, components and related products.
- Assist the Electrical Circuit Design Engineers with schematic entry.
- Perform troubleshooting & root cause analysis on computers or components as well as write technical reports as needed.
- Support Product Management and Electrical Engineering during the concept phase of new product developments.
The team you will be joining:
Our Engineering team creates our cutting edge industrial computers by finding innovative solutions on a daily basis. The Engineering team’s success relies on collaboration, creative thinking and a commitment to being at the forefront of technology. Roles on our Engineering team include Electrical, Mechanical, Field Applications and Regulatory.
Learn more about Life at OnLogic.
- You have experience working with computers, motherboards, processors, and other related components.
- You have the ability to interpret schematics.
- You have knowledge regarding physical PCB layout.
- You have know-how regarding building hardware including soldering skills.
- You can troubleshoot electronic hardware as well as software.
Who we’re looking for:
- You pay attention to detail and exhibit a strong focus on quality. Must be organized, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- You exhibit superior ability to manage time, shifting priorities and ability to effectively communicate project milestones or changes to cross functional teams.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- You are able to pick up new processes quickly and efficiently, to effectively communicate, and to hold yourself and others accountable are essential.