As an Engineering Project Manager at OnLogic, you will manage a variety of technical projects and tasks associated with new product developments such as motherboards, embedded systems, and customized computers. You are responsible for all of the planning, scheduling, coordination and communication of all work involved on your project team, ensuring deliverables meet requirements and are provided on time.
On an average day, you’ll…
- Manage development projects from idea through prototype build and validation to volume launch, leading through the gate staged development process.
- Establish project plans for all engineering projects including schedules, budgets, and prototype build plans. Report on project health and escalate risks.
- Build relationships with stakeholders and work with cross-functional personnel ranging from senior leadership to highly specialized engineers.
- Own project and portfolio risks and install mitigation plans to minimize risk.
- Ensure on time project execution across all involved departments and external partners, and own the project development budget.
- Communicate progress with internal and external stakeholders during all phases of the development.
- Work with our Sales and Product Management departments to develop and curate our standard customization services to meet customer needs while balancing the scalability of our services.
The team you will be joining:
Our Engineering team creates our cutting edge industrial computers by finding innovative solutions on a daily basis. The Engineering team’s success relies on collaboration, creative thinking and a commitment to being at the forefront of technology. Roles on our Engineering team include Electrical, Firmware, Mechanical, Applications and Regulatory, as well as Validation and Industrial Design.
Learn more about Life at OnLogic.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field desired.
- Strong technical background in computers, electrical circuit design and mechanical engineering.
- Keen sense of business and ability to develop business cases.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant cross-functional Project Management experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Superior ability to manage time, shifting priorities for projects of all sizes ranging up to multi-year product development planning. Strong ability to effectively communicate project milestones or changes across cross functional teams.
- Ability to handle conflicting stakeholder positions and make the right decisions for the business.
- Ability to delegate work effectively and determine the best possible resources to complete tasks.
- Ability to pick up new processes quickly and efficiently, to effectively communicate, and to hold yourself and others accountable is essential.
- Proven experience in developing and refining processes around product development, project management and portfolio management.
- Strong attention to detail, and tidy, organized, sharp and fast working style.
- Willingness and desire to become proficient in the finer details of our business.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- PMP or comparable certification is required. Agile experience or certification is a plus.