- Concepts NREC, the world’s leading independent, full-service turbomachinery design, development, research, and training organization is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead our engineering group. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, and 10 years of experience in product development coupled with strong project management/leadership skills. Experience with rotating equipment is a plus.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – 20% technical and 80% management:
- Manage our engineering group, including mentoring/coaching staff in the various fields.
- Writes, in collaboration with Sales & Marketing, cost-and schedule-competitive proposals.
- Plans, monitors, and takes necessary action for staff assignments, budget/expenses, and project progress for the engineering department.
- Strives continuously for reducing design and test time without compromising work/product quality, in collaboration with his/her staff members.
- Ensures experience gained is applied to designs and tests within his/her organization.
- Participates in, and occasionally leads, advanced technology projects.
- Promote employee growth and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: BS in mechanical engineering or equivalent required, MS preferred.
- Experience: 10 years of experience in the field of mechanical engineering, specifically product development. Turbomachinery experience strongly preferred but would consider other industries utilizing R&D, and Mechanical Engineering Services (does not include consumer products).
- Abilities: Proven track record of managing and leading engineering staff. Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills. Proven ability to drive change, manage conflict, and achieve results.
- Other Special Job Requirements: Must be US citizen or US permanent resident.
- Attention to detail and strong focus on maintaining and improving design process.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to problem solve and delegate.
- BS in mechanical engineering or equivalent required.
- 10 years of experience in the field of mechanical engineering, specifically product development.
- Proven track record of managing and leading engineering staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to drive change, manage conflict, and achieve results.
- Must be US citizen or US permanent resident.