NRG Systems, now a subsidiary of ESCO Technologies Inc. (NYSE: ESE), started making pioneering, high-quality products for the wind industry in the early 1980s. As climate challenges became more numerous and complex, we expanded our offerings to include smart technologies for a range of wind, solar, and meteorological applications. Today, through this diversification strategy, NRG is positioned for growth and success. If you join our company, you will be part of a dedicated, passionate team who believes the work we are doing is important to solving global climate change issues.
The successful candidate will work both independently and in a team to build and assemble wind sensors (vanes and anemometers), instruments, data loggers and towers. After initial product and manufacturing system training, the employee can work independently and build established production products. The work environment requires the employee to continuously learn more skills and production systems. In addition, this employee could provide training, champion production processes and lead small improvement projects.
Note that daily tasks may be repetitive. Our work environment models a lean manufacturing operation and is typically busy and open.
This is a full-time position in the manufacturing department and reports to our Production Group Leader. This position will work in partnership with the production team to achieve the goals of the department that are in line with the company strategic plan, and will embrace the high standards of NRG ethics and core values.
Daily activities may include:
- Electrical testing of printed circuit boards
- Mechanical assembly of all products
- Quality control tasks
- Inventory control by cycle counting
Other activities include:
- Training fellow co-workers
- Participating or leading process improvement projects
- Working on non-standard products
- Assuming responsibility for the production quality, consistency, and integrity of company products or processes. (Championing)
- Assisting Team Leaders
Once employee is trained and certified:
- Employee will be required to work alone, be self-directed and solve day-to-day issues
- Employee has total responsibility for product quality and process integrity
- Employee can make decisions on work priority and personal schedules in order to meet team’s daily requirements.
- Preferred: Two-year Technical Degree with electrical component testing knowledge and four years of production experience
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail following instructions with excellent accuracy
- Ability to read and write manufacturing processes/instructions and interpret/follow basic instructions
- Ability to manage production requirements and additional projects and responsibilities
- Creative thinker who seeks opportunities for continuous improvement
- Demonstrates initiative, makes sound decisions and delivers results
- Team player, checks ego at the door and plays well with others
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
For Work in Electronics Department
- Ability to lift up to 41 pounds occasionally. Majority of work falls in a light capacity with most items and products weighing less than 20 pounds.
- Ability to work at nonadjustable 35” benches and sit in adjustable chairs.
- Ability to reach up to 24” from body to obtain parts from stock, reach overhead and down low is essential.
- Frequent handling of parts, although greater than 50% of mechanical assembly can be done with power drill.
- Frequent downward looking, pinching and gripping.
- Work performed in a climate controlled office environment.
For Work in Towers Department
- Ability to lift 81.5 pound 10” tubes occasionally and 61 pound 8” tubes frequently (Occasionally up to 40 lifts in 30 minutes). The tubes lifted are awkward to maneuver.
- Constant standing on cement floors and performing repetitive lifting, pushing, carrying, bending and reaching to complete material handling of product. Daily job rotation is implemented to vary work tasks throughout the week.