This is an entry level electrical engineering role. This position will serve on the electrical engineering team and contribute to the development and support of a variety of product lines to advance NRG’s success in sustainable resource sectors. This role will primarily include electrical design, electrical prototyping, preparation of test plans, and electrical verification testing. The scope of responsibility will span the development lifecycle including requirements definition, analysis, detailed electrical design, prototyping, testing, and product support.
This is a full-time position in the engineering department and reports to the Director of Product Development. This position will work collaboratively with engineering teams to achieve the goals of the department that are in line with the company strategic plan, and will embrace the high standards of NRG ethics and core values.
- Support existing electrical designs
- Collaborate with suppliers and supply chain department on product improvements, design support, product end of life and manufacturing quality issues.
- Identify features and improvements to enhance overall product values
- Investigate, design, and develop feature requests and bug fixes after initial product release
- Provide Analog and Digital circuit design to fulfill product requirements
- Schematic capture using electronics design automation tools
- Use simulation and modelling tools to support design verification
- Develop test plans appropriate for various phases of product development
- Execute design reviews with engineers and additional stakeholders as appropriate
- Conduct engineering qualification and verification testing, collect data, and document results
- Create documentation including schematic diagrams that are clear, complete and support re-use.
- Conduct hands-on prototyping and field testing
- Work with Firmware Engineers to integrate firmware, and to test and debug printed circuit board assemblies
- Develop and create firmware for development projects
- Contribute ideas for continuous improvement within the department
- Work in collaborative teams with engineering and marketing members to advance existing products and new product ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in electrical engineering
- Basic understanding of analog and digital circuits
- Proficient reading electrical schematics
- Experience in circuit design, analysis and test
- Experience with common electronics laboratory equipment
- Ability to quickly and accurately estimate time to complete tasks for a project
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially Word, Outlook and Excel.
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience in Printed Circuit design
- Experience with Cadence EDA tools
- Knowledge of VHDL and FPGA a plus
- Experience with electronic sensing technologies
- Experience with LabView programming for testing
- Experience with Data analysis tools such as Matlab or Python
- Experience with industrial controls or programmable logic controllers
- Experience with microcontroller firmware
Required Interpersonal Skills
- Ability and desire to collaborate and to work effectively in teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listener
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be productive in the face of ambiguity and changing priorities
- Ability to remain focused on priorities
- Ability and desire to build consensus among peers
- Ability and desire to expand his/her knowledge into new technical areas relevant to our business (continuous technical skill improvement)
- Ability and desire to take initiative to advance the goals of the department
- Ability to be open minded, letting go of personal biases
- Work performed in a climate-controlled office environment
- Primary duties performed in a seated position
- Some field work may be required