Vermont Information Technology Leaders
Vermont Information Technology Leaders, Inc. (VITL) is seeking an experienced technology professional to join the organization as Director of Technology to ensure that VITL’s systems, infrastructure, and support are aligned with the needs of our organization and our customers and position us as a leading health information exchange (HIE). The Director of Technology will be a strategic thinker who is also willing to manage the day-to-day information technology, security, and support operations. The Director of Technology will be excited and visionary about the opportunities health information exchanges can power, and will play an important role in developing strategy, and designing and delivering future capabilities.
The Director of Technology is responsible for staying ahead of health information technology innovation; designing and implementing short- and long-term technical strategy;
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of appropriate technical infrastructure.
- Understanding organizational needs and identifying and deploying appropriate technology to support operational needs.
- Ensuring a focus on providing excellent customer service for all internal and external customers
- Partnering with the leadership team to ensure that projects and initiatives are aligned to strategic goals and customer needs
- Building and maintaining relationships with coworkers, clients and stakeholders
- Responsible for eight individuals, including the information technology, client support, and project management function
This is a full-time permanent position requiring the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, computer or software engineering or a related field preferred. Graduate degree desirable
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a senior leader with proven ability to provide leadership to technical professionals
- At least 10 years of experience in information technology, with a strong preference for experience in a healthcare-related field
- Experience designing and managing a robust, nimble security program that is constantly reviewed and updated to address the changing threat landscape
- Cloud-first approach and experience with cloud technologies
- ing a team of people in a matrixed organization providing feedback and establishing short and long-term goals
- A collaborative, team-oriented approach to leadership
- Positive and flexible work ethic