|The Director of Supply Chain will strive to maintain NRGs role as a leader in the wind and solar industry by leading and directing all global supply chain activities to ensure successful purchasing processes are in place to deliver parts, components, and products needed for manufacturing a wide variety of products to a broad customer base. This position oversees all relationships with new and existing suppliers and collaborates with other departments to ensure new product introductions are implemented successfully.
This position will report directly to the VP or Operations and has management responsibility for the supply chain team. This position is a member of the Operating Group. This person will work with the supply chain team to carry out the goals of the department that are in line with company values, culture, and philosophies.
- Define and implement comprehensive strategies for all aspects of the companys global supply chain to improve quality, mitigate risk, reduce costs, shorten lead times, and reduce inventories.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to improve Product Lifecycle Management leading sourcing initiatives to introduce products on time, on budget, and ensure availability of parts to meet product launch dates.
- Continuously develop and enhance supply chain productivity and operational processes. Implement industry best practices for forecasting, sourcing, risk mitigation, inventory, and supplier management.
- Develop, implement, and sustain key process indicators and metrics that effectively monitor the performance of suppliers and internal supply chain processes, incorporating best practices, and effectively communicating improvements.
- Evaluate data from multiple systems and sources and establish analytical processes that optimize supply chain strategies and practices.
- Establish Value Engineering/Value Analysis (VEVA) pipeline with suppliers to reduce costs of NRG parts and assemblies. Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to facilitate execution of these projects.
- Identify and evaluate suppliers that are capable of perform contract manufacturing of NRG assemblies. Develop thorough understanding of both supply chain and internal manufacturing Cost of Goods Sold to facilitate these evaluations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with NRG supply chain partners; lead these efforts with those suppliers that are the most critical to ensuring success.
- Establish and maintain global warehousing capabilities, and execute purchasing and inventory strategies that fully utilize these capabilities to reduce overall costs and customer lead times.
- Lead and manage supplier contract negotiation efforts; develop and implement contract management policies and processes.
- Provide exceptional leadership to the Supply Chain team, carrying out scheduled performance reviews and encourage and support employee growth opportunities.
- Other responsibilities and functions as directed by the Vice President of Operations.