Champlain College is seeking a dynamic Director of Marketing. This role reports to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and serves on the marketing leadership team with the Director of Media and the Director of Web Services. In partnership with the marketing leadership team, the Director of Marketing will focus on brand-building strategies through the creation of engaging and dynamic marketing campaigns that support undergraduate enrollment at Champlain College.
This position works cross-functionally with our internal partners and clients to meet strategic goals, develop effective marketing messages and materials, and help drive brand awareness and engagement. The person in this position is a creative leader who can direct the design of marketing materials and messaging that strengthens the institution’s brand through high-quality, distinctive, and impactful campaigns aimed to inform, influence, and deliver results.
The Director of Marketing partners with the marketing leadership team to set the vision, strategy and long-term approach for integrated marketing and content strategies across all channels; develops and implements effective branding of Champlain College, its programs, and initiatives; and uses a variety of mediums and across multiple channels in compelling and consistent marketing communications.
The successful candidate will be a passionate and energetic contributor, manager, storyteller, writer, versatile communicator, and a well-respected team player, committed to continually improving the College brand and reputation while maintaining consistent voice and identity across the College.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Marketing Strategies: Collaborate with internal clients across the College to devise and execute comprehensive marketing strategies and plans for strategically important departments and initiatives with the ability to forecast impact and measure campaign results against goals and targets.
- Marketing Management: Oversee project managers to effectively manage client requests coming into the marketing department to ensure that creative outputs are brand-aligned and are delivered in an effective, cost-efficient and timely manner.
- Creative Concepting: Develop creative concepts as required to meet client requests and/or strategic project goals.
- Writing & Execution: Produce written content and use various technologies involved in producing marketing materials.
- Team Leadership: Supervise a staff of two project managers.
- Budget Management: Manage the marketing department budget working with the marketing leadership team and promote a culture of high quality and productivity while nurturing creative and professional growth.
- Team Leadership: Support management of the Marketing department in partnership with the VP of Enrollment, including management of the marketing budget by tracking how resources are deployed in order to achieve broad, strategic objectives.
Required Skills, Experience, and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field; Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of eight to ten years successful experience in marketing leadership (agency or in-house); Experience working in higher education a plus.
- Proven written communication skills and expertise in creating and editing high impact marketing/selling content.
- Understanding of graphic design and digital assets, advertising, direct mail, print, and news and social media.
- Detail-oriented organizational skills with a high degree of accuracy.
- Keen eye for operational and departmental efficiency and optimal use of resources
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, including the ability to manage up and work effectively with College personnel, administrators, students and external partners.
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness and aptitude for learning new systems and software.
- Strong leadership, management, and budgeting skills.
- Thorough understanding of Google Analytics.
- Ability to analyze data to inform strategies and measure results.
- In-depth experience with CRM and reporting tools; Salesforce/Target X experience a plus.
- Knowledge of email platforms, optimally Pardot, Target X, and MyEmma.
- Thorough understanding of event hosting and registration systems, including ideally Attendease and Target X.
- Experience packaging content for web applications and building websites and landing pages in CMS (the College uses Ingeniux and WordPress).