Faraday is the leading prediction cloud for brands. Located in the historic Maltex Building in beautiful Burlington, Vermont, we’re a fast-growing venture-backed startup founded in 2012.
We believe in privacy and are committed to ending the widespread proliferation of consumer data. We believe in science and the power of statistically significant conclusions. We believe in equity and reject all forms of algorithmic prejudice. We believe in health and fun and encourage a positive work/life balance.
About our Finance team
Faraday’s finance team is responsible for managing the financial health of the company and helping to optimize the company’s operations.
About your role
We’re looking for an expert, curious, relentless, trustworthy finance professional to join us at Faraday as Director of Finance. This role reports to the Chief Strategy Officer.
- Oversee financial planning
- Have a keen awareness of Faraday’s business that allows you to identify opportunities for structural improvements, understand variable sensitivity, and compare/contrast the value of competing initiatives
- Work cross functionally with department heads to identify and implement cost and revenue optimizations
- Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems
- Manage Faraday’s bookkeeper
- Oversee Faraday’s financing IT system
- Oversee all audits and internal control operations
- In partnership with the CEO, develop and execute on a corporate fundraising strategy
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Conduct analyses to make forecasts and report to company executives and the board of directors
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Proven experience as a director of finance or similar role at a software as a service (SaaS) company
- In depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws, regulations, and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial forecasting and analysis
- Proficient in the use of financial management software (e.g. Quickbooks)
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- CPA or other relevant qualifications a plus